My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Shower stools

 Several months ago, I picked up a shower stool at my favorite thrift shop to use while gardening.  It was the perfect chair for letting me get down to pull weeds and such -- and still get up easily afterwards.  After my accident, however, I found it was too low to use in the shower so I picked up a second one from ECHO.  (an outfit that loans health equipment free)
I've since quit using it in the shower but this morning, I retrieved my original stool so I could study the settings on the back of my VCR to see why it wasn't picking up what I was taping.  Much to my dismay, the little gardening stool that I had originally hopped up from easily was now NOT WORKING for me.
Uh oh....  ever been in that situation where you can't get up?  It's happened more than once and you'd think I'd have a clue by now.

I sat there for a minute and studied my surroundings.  Figured there had to be some way I could get up on my feet.  Having sore upper arms and shoulders (along with a wounded knee) was causing me a little anxiety.  Now what do I do?  I wasn't about to call someone....HELP.  I'm sitting and I can't get up!  Yeah, just haul that old lady off to the home!

I managed to move the tv to the back of its table a bit so I could grasp the edge and pull myself up.  Whew!  That was a close one.  This living alone crap can be a hard road to walk sometimes.  I may have to rethink finding a live-in boyfriend.  Ha!

I did manage to make it to the hair salon this morning. I still look like hell but not quite as bad as I did before I had it chopped off.

No comments:

Post a Comment