My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, October 4, 2013

Taking it easy

Physical therapist came by at 9 a.m. and I had her show me again exactly how I needed to do each of my bed exercises.  I had a feeling I was a little off as they hurt like hell.  She added one more routine to the mix as well. Basically, you just sit in a chair and slide your foot forward and backward on the floor.  Not that easy when the knee doesn't want to bend.

Definitely seeing a huge improvement in being able to walk, though. She didn't feel I was quite ready for a cane yet but I'm getting there.  Having more knee pain but I think that's to be expected as I increase my exercises.  Ice packs are my friends.

The p/t told me she had another client who tried out Crestwood first and she only lasted two hours.  Somehow that was comforting as I felt my overnight stay was above and beyond my endurance.  I am thankful daily that I'm recovering in my own bed, my own recliner, and with my own tv set and activities.

My upper arms and shoulders continue to cause me pain.  I suspected it was using the walker but I've been using the walker for weeks and the arms are only getting worse.  Either my neck and back are out because I'm walking lopsided or maybe I even knocked something out of joint when I fell.  It was definitely a hard fall and neck and back injuries are easy to experience.  I'll worry about it later.

Called my old neighbor, Yvonne, who has moved to Olympia so we could compare health notes.  She's in the middle of really bad chemo and we marvel at how our health paths both went down nasty roads along the same time.  She's thinking of moving back into her house since it's not selling.

Jenni stayed overnight with me last night. Was so much fun catching up.  She fixed me a baked potato with broccoli and cheese on top.  Yum!  She does make me laugh.  She helped me change the bandage on my knee but we were too afraid to take off the final gauze strip so the physical therapist is coming back at 5 to do it for me.

Jenni and Wayne are taking the twins to a Bon Jovi concert tomorrow so Sammy is coming to spend the night at Gramma's house.  And that is about the extent of my activities.  Mary Norton is coming by to visit in the next half hour so I'm looking forward to that.  More later...

Had a nice long visit with Mary catching up on news.  Therapist came to change my bandage. Jenni and I were afraid to take off the last bit next to my wound and she said it was a good thing as they had to stay on.Said they were steri-strips and were supposed to be left intact.  Okay. This is getting boring...even to me.  Guess I'll head into bed early.  Wish Wheel of Fortune would call my number. I could use that $5000.

No comments:

Post a Comment