My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, October 11, 2013

Weekend's comin'

Saw my surgeon this morning for my 17-day post-op visit. She's pleased with my progress and how I'm walking with a cane already.  I mentioned to her that my shoulders were causing me a lot more grief than my knee so she scheduled me for an x-ray on Monday.  She thinks it's very likely I injured my neck/shoulders in the fall, and told me again that the knee was a real mess when she opened it on the operating table.  Once I can get a handle on the shoulder pain (it's causing me to lose sleep), I know I'll heal even faster.

Wednesday I start physical therapy with an outfit downtown.  I'll ask them to work with the shoulders as well as the knee. Luckily, I was released to drive so I can get myself around a little easier now and not have to rely on Jen or Sue.

Stopped at Safeway after my doctor appt this morning to practice using one of their motorized carts. Wouldn't you know....I walk in and there's none available.  Grrrrr....

One of my goals today is to try and connect with medicare (or AARP?) to see about signing up for prescription insurance.  So hard to get through on the phone so maybe I'll try online and see if I can figure out what I need to do.

Was watching the food channel the other day and saw Sue in her store's commercial.  It's only on locally but it was kind of fun to see her.  Stepped on my scale this morning and it said I was down 25 pounds.  My scale has always been a little off from various doctors' scales but I'm saying mine is close enough.  My appetite continues to lag but I'm fine with that.

Mary,Andy, and Catie are coming over tomorrow and will spend the night. I was able to unload my treadmill (thanks to Facebook) so I think I'll have Mary help move my sewing stuff out to the kitchen area.

Well, I guess I'll head into my motion machine for a couple of hours and give my knee the exercise it needs. I'm more comfortable sitting in this chair with a tv  table to get online but I still can't sit for too long.  All in time, I suppose.
Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment