My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

New physical therapist

So happy with the Home Health p/t that came today. She instructed me on what I was doing wrong with my knee machine, what I was doing wrong with the bed exercises, and eliminated some that weren't helping.  Also set up my machine on the bed so I don't have to worry about moving it each morning and night.

Gave me lots of confidence about what I'm able to do already and feels I'll be done with the walker in no time. Was especially pleased with the new way to exercise.  The others were hurting me so much, I couldn't hardly stand it.

Only sad news is that I paid bills today and balanced the checkbook.  Found a prescription bill at Safeway for over $300 which is a pill I take for a month at bedtime.  Jenni didn't tell me 'cause she said I was to fragile to deal with it.  Wish I had prescription insurance but I'll rethink that later.

Finally found a way to sleep on my back and fall asleep quicker.  I put a pillow under my bad leg (the full length of the leg; not the knee only).

Well, that's it for now. Can still only sit a short time at a table or the laptop. Time to head back to bed and do exercises.  I'm on the machine for close to 8 hours a day and I do the exercises four times a day. I also walk "the circle of the kithchen" a few times.  I'll probably have to go to physical therapy downtown for a couple of weeks once the home health lady signs off.  Got to figure out how to get a driver to take me there.  All workable.  I hope.   Maybe paratransit.

This physical therapist knows her stuff too. In the 70's she was a sports p/t for several pro teams, including the Rams and Dodgers. She also told me that Blankenship is a well known name in physical therapy. I'll have to google him.

No comments:

Post a Comment