My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, May 8, 2015

Early Morning

It's almost 6 a.m.  Been up for almost 3 hours already thanks to distress in the lower tract and a case of insomnia as I allowed myself to lay there and think about the stuff on my to-do list today.  I know better, but oh well, I am getting a running start on several chores.  Didn't amount to all that much at first but once I got going, I found lots of little things that needed doing.  Garbage out to the alley, shirts in the tub wrung out and transferred in two loads to the washer, two birthday gifts to wrap, dishwasher to unload, kitchen table to move and put the leaf in and add a tablecloth, purses to clean out, and well.... you get the general idea.

I'm going to bake a banana bread today since they're turning brown and I only like them yellow. Also plan on fixing some breakfast burritos for the freezer and getting my ingredients set up for tacos tonight.  I invited the twins since Jenni will be in Seattle but I'm never sure if they want to come or have other plans.  I am picking them up at the high school this afternoon and Hunter is going to cut my grass.  Yesterday he took home my two pair of hand grass clippers and got the rust and grime off for me. Also painted one of them.  I can't wait to see them.  I did put a little time in on cleaning them myself but I probably didn't spend as much time and elbow grease on them as I could have. Lost interest real fast and had other fish to fry.

My granddaughter, Catie, is having a rotten week.  A drunk hit her car while it was parked in her apt. parking lot. Hit another guy too. Course he didn't have insurance and the car was totaled.  Her insurance company is giving her money and she's going to buy Andy's second car that he's been thinking of getting rid of. It's a 1992 but in really good shape.  She'll have to learn how to drive a stick but she might find she likes it.  She is wishing it had a tape player as she loves to listen to books on tape but getting a portable tape player shouldn't be that hard or a small boom box radio that plays tapes.  You can also get books on CDs.  Maybe more so than tapes these days.  The library has a ton of them. Her car is the dark one on the left.  Course I don't know about fixing cars but it does seem to me like that dent could be repaired. Maybe the cost of repair would be too high.

Got a really cute Mothers Day card from Mary, Andy, and Jake yesterday. I especially loved to see Jake's signature.  Ha ha   As if my wonderful new garbage can wasn't more than enough, that kid of mine stuck a Safeway gift card inside.  I will definitely put that to use!  THANK YOU M&A!
This card cracked me up but it's missing a lot of names. I also call Maddie, Hunter, Catie, Jake, and Sammy the dog by the wrong name before I land on the right one.

I had a doctor appt in Sequim yesterday to see a P.A. about my right knee. Nice guy. Younger than all my kids, though, from the looks of him.  Today's his last day.  Not relocating; just going into something else.  Said the "rules and paperwork and insurance duties" were making the job not worth it.  I've heard that story more than once.  From doctors and patients!

All the way into Sequim I was depressed as I figured I was just going to be told that obesity, age, and arthritis were to blame and a knee replacement might be needed.  I sure don't want to go down that road again if I can help it.  I know the day is coming where I might need a hip replacement but I'll deal with that when it happens.  

I was a little early so I decided to stop at Walmart in Sequim to pick up the Oxiclean I needed for some stains on almost all my clothes. Also needed some washers for the garden hoses so I parked at the garden end of the block long store.  Unfortunately, my hip was killing me and the items I discovered the two items I needed were at opposite ends of the store.  (once I could find them).  I limped to checkout and lines galore. Even the self-checkouts were all in use.  The lady behind me had one item. I had two and we discussed our frustration.  Course I get a checker who is taking her sweet time scanning. Then she comes to guy in front of me who only has two items, as well, so I figure this ought to move along now.  Nope!

She discovers she neglected to give the lady ahead of him one of her sacks so she had to leave the cash register and go all the way out to the parking lot. No runners available.  When she finally comes back, the guys' credit card won't work for her. He slides it three times and she still can't make it work. I finally go to a self-checkout line in disgust.  I have a headache by the time I check in.

Things turned around for me, though. After x-rays and certain pushes and pulls and presses, he declares I have problems with my I-T joint. He knew it right away when he pushed the outside of my knee and it shot up to my hip.  Ilieum-tibular joint or something like that. He suggested a cortisone shot and I said YOU BET!  He figured that would do the trick but if it didn't, I needed to sign up for some physical therapy appts.  Which I will do if need be.  My other knee with the replacement from 2013 still feels like crap so some physical therapy might be what I need there too.

I stopped at Walgreen's on my way home to pick up a couple of birthday gifts. Decided to browse the Red Box machine outside the door and chose Wild and Fury with Brad Pitt.  Just wasn't my day.  The machine wouldn't proceed to the next step no matter how many times I pushed.  Finally it told me I wouldn't be charged but I needed to try another machine.  Grrrrrr!!!!!  I ended up watching an old Charles Bronson flick on Amazon Prime that night. Death Wish form 1974. Sometimes it's really fun to see the old cars and apartment furniture and hospitals, etc.  

I didn't want to go to bed until I finished a certain portion of the counted cross stitch I was working on so I watched Christopher Walken in The Dead Zone.  Colleen Dewhurst played the loony mother of a serial killer and Tom Skerritt ended up shooting her.  Martin Sheen played a guy wanting to be president but had a hidden personality like Hitler.  Nice ending when he killed himself.  Ha!

I did manage to get a posting submitted on my Leader Town Kid blog yesterday morning so go take a look.....www.ptleader.com under blogs.  It's called 'Port Townsend Rocks My World.'

Looking like good weather ahead all week long.  Happy Birthday to my pal Ruthie. I'm going to post a few more pictures on Facebook but here's one I've always liked of the three of us..me, Ruth, Linda Farino.


No comments:

Post a Comment