My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Saturday morning lookin' good

I woke up at 6 a.m. and much to my surprise (cause it doesn't happen all that often) I felt rested and ready to meet the day.  I had a case of insomnia the night before and had risen at 3:30 or 4 a.m. after tossing for an hour.  Figured if I was getting up that early, surely I would be in bed early that night.  But nope!  Stayed up until 10:30 or 11 and still  felt like I could last longer. Wonder what that was all about.

I had a pretty productive day yesterday considering the sleep I had had.  Hunter came over after I picked them up at school and bless his heart -- he cleaned up my grass cutters and even painted one of them. Here's before and after:

He mowed the front and back lawn, did the weedeating along the fence and outside the gate in the alley, pulled in my trash bin for me, put washers on the hoses and watered my green beans, moved my table in the garage to the back porch and installed the umbrella and tied it down so the wind doesn't try and take it on a journey, swept out my garage, and then washed my car!  I love him!



I was on a roll at getting things done around here too.  Won't bore you with the details. At least not this time.  While waiting for Hunter to pick up the weed eater and put gas in it, I went in the house with Maddie to see the wall hanging her Grandpa John had made to hold her awards from track.
Then because I had nothing better to do, I walked around their house taking pictures. Needed something for my blog.  Ha Ha
                                 Backyard indicates a teenage boy has found his passion


 Phone reception is bad at their house because they're completely surrounded on all sides by tall trees.


                                        Here's Jenni's wall of clocks in the living room
 Maddie weeded out the front planter area along the sidewalk so they can display their cute art and show off the pretty pink flowers.





I refilled my bird baths with fresh water and the hot day we had yesterday must have made the baths look pretty inviting as I saw a crow come in and splash to high heaven. He was too fast for me to get a picture, though.

This morning I did a few chores here and there and even baked a pumpkin pie.  Sue's coming by tomorrow to plant some dahlia bulbs for me for mothers day.  I'm serving tacos that I had prepared ahead but then the twins didn't want to come to dinner that night.  Worked out fine as Sue and I will have a feast and the prep work is all done.

She wanted to watch the Mariners game but I don't get the Root channel except in my bedroom on the digital tv Catie gave me.  I told her I was more interested in watching golf in the front room so we may end up watching in separate places as golf was not on her favorite list. Ha ha

Well, I've got two letters to write and genealogy to get back into so I'd best wrap this up.  Think I'll do a little shopping online too. I absolutely have to find myself a better camera. No reason to put it off since I have my income tax return in the bank.

Here's a video of the Road Warriors in the Rhody Parade one year. I found it when I went to look for my video. I'll post them both but mine is much shorter.



Here's a little I took in 2012:



No comments:

Post a Comment