My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Thursday

Just got back from the doctor's office (gastroenteroligist) or however you spell it. I don't feel like looking it up. I won't bother you with the details. It's boring. I think he thought so too. At least that's what I came out with. Wants me to come back in 3 months (for my 4th appt). Says if I'm still having problems, we'll have to start from scratch and order more poop tests.  That's a stinky idea in my opinion.  I already did those tests and they were negative! Going to have to try and cure myself, I guess. Will start with documenting what is going in my mouth.  That ought to take a great deal of paper. Ha!  He also said it could be stress.  Well, hells bells!  Who doesn't have stress in their life? Everyone!  I guess it comes down to the fact that I'm just full of sh....!

Picked up a virus on my computer a few nights ago.  Must be my lucky week.  I had clicked on this picture on Facebook and a sign came up telling me to call this 800 number and not to turn off my computer or it would crash.  Thankfully, my granddaughter talked me through that nonsense and told me how to get out of there.  Stupid good-for-nothing virus spreaders. I hope they rot in hell! I did a scan on my computer later that night (took two hours) but it said I was clean. Then I changed my password on Facebook.  Never really sure if that's what you need to do but I did it anyhow.  Wish I knew when to NOT click on something.  I do enjoy browsing on FB.

Got an earache on May 13 and while I think it's easing, it's not gone completely. I do have the tinnitis ringing but I can deal with that. Earaches are another matter. I see an ENT guy but not until May 29. That's another story and it is also boring.

I was suppose to entertain Joanne & Patty Plattner yesterday and was really looking forward to it. The bout of diarrhea, however, made me cancel. I ended up staying in bed all day long. Bummer day!

I did manage to get a few odd jobs done around the house today.  Was moving kind of slow but at least I was moving.  Nothing all that interesting --- just yard chores mostly.

I taped David Letterman the last three nights and will watch that tonight. After all the hoopla over him leaving, I'm half wondering now if I missed out on a good show.  For whatever reason (I forget now) he never amused me all that much. To hear people talk, though, he's apparently a really cool guy.  If I misjudged, then shame on me. My loss. Wouldn't be the first time I've been too critical of someone on tv.

Seemed to be a lot of traffic out and about as I went to the doctor today. One intersection that I usually use was full of police lights so I turned off.  Got to another main intersection and saw glass all over the street.  I think people are running into each other.  I made a quick run over to McDonalds 'cause I wanted a fish sandwich.  Drove downtown by the beach and people watched while I ate it. Kind of sad to see the homeless guys walking around.

Took some pictures around the house with my new camera.  They're boring but I'll post them anyhow.
                                               My green beans are coming up
                                                   Dead bird must have hit my window
                               Got 2 of these blue flowered bushes near the front curb
                                    Gonna have to get out there and trim the weeds I guess
 My alley looking west. The scotch broom has taken over the entire end of the block
 Looking in the other direction, I see the neighbors have scotch broom growing. I'll have to make sure it doesn't invade over onto my area
                               This is the block across the street. I do hate that weed!
            Saw this on Facebook and it was one of my favorites of the Raker Car Club
                                      Saw this on Facebook too. Love this bed!
 What a dorky picture of me. Shows Doris, me and Jean at Mary Pearce's house in prob. 1959 or 1960

Here's on old one from 1961 showing me, Chuck Hodgdon, and Ruth at our porch at All View Motel. Ruth was always so pretty.

Mary and Andy left for New York today. Catie is having a booth at the Renton Arts & Craft Fair in July to try and sell her jewelry and stuff.  My brother-in-law, Clarence, (well, ex bro-in-law) was handed a diagnosis of lung cancer this week.  Poor guy is down to 140 lbs.  Cancer sucks!

Finished reading Memoirs of a Geisha yesterday. Ordered the movie on Ebay.  Rented Wild and Still Alice from Red Box.  They were okay but not as good as I thought they were going to be. Some of the movies that were nominated this year I thought were terrible. Like Birdman and Whiplash. I liked Boyhood, Gone Girl, and Foxcatcher. Want to see American Sniper and Grand Budapest Hotel.

Now, for your listening entertainment....some library singing...





No comments:

Post a Comment