My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, May 15, 2015

Sigh...

Decided to go to the doctor's office yesterday to see if I could get some relief or answers as to why my ear continues to hurt.  I should have stayed home.  The one I saw was a complete waste of time. She needs to retire because she's obviously not doing a good job. Enough said. I will never return to her again.

Unfortunately, my zinger earaches were off and on. NOW...I've got an earache that is worse. I'd like to wring her medical neck!

I spent the morning scanning various pictures and newspaper articles onto my hard drive.  My intention was to thin down my collection of "stuff" and while I discarded a tiny bit, it was just too hard to let go of much.  I set up my old computer alongside my laptop because my older scanner works better than my new one.

Sitting here watching the Today Show and they're raving about Dave Letterman and how sad it is he's leaving.  Not to all of us is it sad.  I've never cared for him and good riddance.  Never thought Johnny Carson was funny either.  Also couldn't stand Barbara Walters, and Dr. Phil can retire anytime.  See how onery an earache can make you.

On the plus side, I was happy to see some goldfinch finally show up in my backyard yesterday.





I woke up at 4:50 a.m. today and I suspect that's also why I'm crabby.  I didn't get to bed until midnight and I obviously need more sleep!  Perhaps I'll tootle on out to my recliner and catch a few zzz's.

First, though, here's some of the stuff I scanned. Already posted  a few on Facebook but I know not everyone visits Facebook.
Four pictures of our house on Kuhn St when it was for sale a few years back.  Completely different inside and out of how it looked in 1961.

 One of Grandpa's smaller chicken houses. Jim & Lillian's house sits beyond.

 The kitchen and living room look NOTHING like they used to. And that's a good thing!








Okay. Time to get moving. Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment