My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Hackers

I get so sick of hearing about cyber crime.  I guess it's just another scene from the times we live in. Got a letter the other day from Blue Cross saying their records had been compromised. Hard to know exactly what that means as the letter was vague saying they didn't really know what all was stolen and if I was even affected.  One thing that especially gets my goat is how often I have to say my birthdate every time I call in or go in. Overkill --and then they can't even keep their computer records safe anyhow.  I'm so irritated with our medical system.  And I dread the day I ever have to go to the ER or get checked in to the hospital for any reason.  Just thinking about the possibility gives me a gut ache!

I spent too long on the computer again today but who cares.  I can do whatever I want!  I've still got more data to accumulate on family so I'll just plow along at a steady pace.  One of the mysteries I've been trying to solve is how my g. grandmother, Jane Downs, got from Delaware to Illinois after her dad died.  Once I found her son, Zadock's obit and found out he was named Zadock Clark, that got me to thinking about a Zadock Clark family I found in Illinois around that time. They were all from Delaware and I knew there had to be a connection.

In an 1896 letter I have that Jane Downs received from her sister in Delaware, a lot of names are mentioned that I found in the Delaware census records around that time.  Zadock is one of them.  I found another family tree on ancestry that led me to Zadock Clark's family as I had been researching them extensively trying to establish if they were relatives or neighbors.  I know I'm boring you to tears but I'm finding it interesting.

Watched a show on Netflix last night that was really good.  It might be British; I'm not positive. Anyhow there are six episodes and it's called Black Mirror.  Kind of a modern Twilight Zone.  Good writing.  In the first one, a princess was kidnapped and to get her back, the kidnapper wanted the prime minister to go on TV and "do it to a pig."  He had all the technical know how of what he wanted and how he wanted it.  It showed the event going world wide on YouTube and CNN, etc.  Very dark.  Especially the part showing people laughing in a bar and as the "event" went on for an hour and the PM was crying, the audience became ashamed and embarrassed and nauseated.  Sounds gross, I know but it was done tastefully. If such a thing can be done with taste.   It's a wonder I didn't have nightmares.

Bought a $5 ticket on the new pick up truck they're giving away on May 31st.  Sure wish I could win even one of the prizes. There are several I'd like.

Studied the booklet about my camera this morning and I did manage to learn a few more things. Now I have to hope I can remember what I read.

Tomorrow morning is the appt to see the ENT guy about my ear. Probably a waste of time but since it's still acting up, I might as well let him say the words -- it's allergies or it's TMJ. Or whatever....
Think I'll fast and then run over to get my blood drawn afterwards. I keep forgetting I have to do that.

Practiced with my camera this morning and took this shot of the fox gloves out front.
And while the close-up didn't come out as clear as I hoped, I'll figure it out sooner or later.....

Well, time to go fix din-din.  Salmon and broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment