My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Early Saturday

Woke up with a charlie horse cramp in my calf this a.m.  Suppose I'll always wonder why those occur and then go away for months on end.  I'll have to think on that.  Anyhow, it was 5 a.m. and I was very tired so I immediately crawled back under the covers and decided whatever will be, will be. I'm not ready to get up yet.  And I believe I was  asleep in less than a minute!  Probably because I'd had a little problem falling asleep when I hit the sack at 10 pm.  Whatever.  Who really cares?  Ha ha

I woke up again at 6 a.m. and was so stuffed up and had such a dry mouth, I decided --Okay, my sweet dreams are over with for now.  I had a long list of 'to-dos' anyhow and I was anxious to get to them.  One chore (which I'm hoping Maddie or Hunter can help me with) is to move a couple of book cases.  Now that I think about it, though, maybe I don't want to mess with that after all.  I do need to thin down my books, however, and I want to utilize my spots for books better.  I've got an idea in mind.

Looking a little gray and overcast out my window so I'll content myself with indoor activities. Which I do most of the time anyhow.  I have to check out three or four of my outside solar lights that aren't working.  Hunter came over and put batteries in some of them and I'm wondering if I need to do that again.  We'll see...

Was browsing Amazon Prime movies last night and discovered that American Sniper was up for rental for $4.  Been wanting to see that one so I settled in with my crochet hook to be entertained. And I was.  I'd heard that audiences leaving theaters after seeing that movie were all very quiet and subdued.  I can see why. Quite the tearjerker. Bradley Cooper was super.

I went to IMDB to check out the ratings on other movies  and the list is growing of what I'd like to see--  Cake, Nightcrawler, Grand Budapest Hotel, Big Eyes, Hundred Foot Journey, The Lego Movie, A most violent year, Ida, Two days, one night, Fury, The Captive, and Inherent Vice.

I had taped Dave Letterman's last three shows and watched it yesterday.  I had thought maybe I was too critical of ole Dave after all these years and wanted to see what I had missed.  I ended up fast forwarding (of course) through a ton of commercials and what was left -- left me bored!  Even Tom Hanks, who is usually very entertaining, came across as a guy who was trying too hard to be funny. I was disappointed.  And Bill Murray. Good lord! Talk about a guy still in junior high. He wasn't a bit funny either.  The flashbacks weren't that great and even my hero, Bob Dylan totally sucked!  He only sang one (very boring song) at the very last minute and didn't even let himself be interviewed. What a waste of everybody's time!

Gonna hang my flag out on Monday but I've been noticing lately that it's looking pretty worn. I may look online today to see how much it costs for a new one.  I intend to try again to get my genealogy notes in order.  I keep struggling as I haven't quite figured out what I want to do with them but I'm close. Just have to hunker down and plow forward.

I baked a rhubarb pie yesterday.  Am thinking I might whip up some salmon pattys for supper tonight.  Got a call from Joyce Lee and we're going to drive into the alumni social hour together on June 13th.  We went together last year, and she reminded me that I was having some kind of problem with my feet that night.  I remember now but can't for the life of me recall what caused it.  I do remember I could hardly walk back to my car. Think I'll pull out my diary and see if I recorded anything.  Hmmmm....nothing there, darn it! Maybe I wrote about it on my blog.

Much to my surprise, I'm starting to come around to watching the Mariners on TV.  I'm not as hooked on it as I am on golf but I can see I could get hooked pretty easy, and that surprises me.  But then again, I am getting older and my tastes continue to change.  Last night, for example, I just had to cook up some broccoli.  I was craving it.  Now, that's weird!

I spent an hour or two yesterday afternoon cleaning up my files on photos.  They sure accumulate fast and I need to keep ahead of them before it gets to be too much work.  I've got everything in folders and subfolders but I still need to move more pictures around.  It's a job I like.

Two pictures I posted on Facebook recently include a table I made out of the garbage pail box I got for Mother's Day and a counted cross stitch design I made with beads.


Here's a couple of the pictures I came across while sorting....one from a Rhody parade in 2013, and another winter shot of Fort Worden beach.

                                     me, Barb Shaw, Mary Norton, Lill Greenwood

No comments:

Post a Comment