My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, September 4, 2015

Feeling Like Fall

Crawled out from under the covers this morning and decided right away that it was gonna be a sweatpants kind of day.  A tad chilly and suspect that ole furnace might get turned on this month. Hopin' not, though.  My goal is to get as far into October as I can. I think I'm in that "nesting stage". Going from room to room, tidying up here and there, rearranging, and rethinking what I need to keep, and what needs to go away.

Also looking over the yard. I'd really like to get that bushy curbside thing chopped down. Hunter helped me dispose of one just like it next to the window of this room but since we didn't dig out the roots, it's already growing little leaves to let me know he's comin' back.  That's okay.
I don't know why I don't care for it all that much. The one nearer the house would be full of bees when it was blooming those blue flowers and they became an annoyance every time I went out to try and water.  I like trees and planted three in the back yard. They're all doing fine. One even provided prunes this year.  This "tree" though, is more like a bush who always needs trimming.

Inside, I made up a fresh batch of hummingbird nectar and set out the cute houses that my sister-in-law, Lill, made several years ago. I'm storing yarn in them now.
I also collected all the fans and am hoping the twins will help me store them in the garage this weekend "if" they decide to spend the night when their folks go see Kid Rock.


 I'd also like to get the patio table and chairs into the garage.  I never actually used the table for eating outside; more of a holding area for plants and stuff.  I used to sit in my lounge chair and soak up the sun but since my knee and shoulder surgery, I've found it's a little harder to get up out of several chairs. I've had to boost my recliner up with a pillow and my computer chair has become the only thing I'll use for sitting at the dining room table or sewing table.

I noticed my little pig collection that I had outside was looking kind of dirty so I soaked them in bleach and brought them in with my other little piggies. This is how I entertain myself now. Ha ha
I really should rethink all the knickknacks I have here and there.  Cows in the bathroom, elephants in the frontroom, pigs on the book shelf, and frogs in the hallway.  sigh.....   But oh well, I guess I can clutter up the joint if that's what makes me happy.

I'm heading off to the sewing room now.  Dug deep into my material barrel and found a few things I forgot I had in there.  I love finding forgotten treasures -- in this case, pieces of material.
Need to get that hummingbird nectar hung out first, though; they've been zinging in hunting for it in both the front and back yard.

Here's a picture of the twins starting their sophomore year. Maddie told me yesterday that she LOVED not being the youngest in high school this year.  Ha!  Before she knows it, she'll be a big shot senior and I suspect she'll be the type who bawls at graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment