My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

For Alec

I thought this might be an easier way to share some of the pictures I have in my collection that I thought might interest you. You can click on the photos to enlarge and once they're enlarged, you can RIGHT click on them to "save to your hard drive and/or your own pictures".
 Joyce Cozad is in the 3rd row, 3rd from the left in this First Grade Class Picture
 Joyce is in the 4th row, 4th from the left in this 2nd grade photo.

Carol Lashua is in bottom row, 4th from the left in this 1948 yearbook photo. Her activities follow...


                                              This is Ernie's graduation picture of 1952
 This is Mary Lashua's 1956 graduation photo. I don't know why but I do remember her.  I would have been 13.

 This is the obit for Floyd that I found in the microfiche films at the PA library.  I remember all the 5th grade classes were lectured by the teachers to NOT ask Joyce about her father's death when she returned to school.  That made an impression on me that has stuck all these years.  Not sure why. Perhaps because I lost my mother a few years earlier.  (not through death but because she left)
                            this was another article I found while browsing the files


This is a page from a 1954 Port Townsend phone book that shows numbers & addresses for some Lashuas.  Ernie lived at 22nd & Hill, right up the street from where my folks lived at 22nd & Haines.  I'm pretty sure my dad was friends with Ernie.

I also know (sort of) Diane Lashua of PT.  We talked on the phone once when I interviewed her about her role in "An Officer and A Gentleman."  She still lives in PT and is on Facebook.  I also know several Logues and Jerry and Sheryl Moch, that you mentioned.  Mike Logue and Diane Lashua are both in my latest book called "Town Kid" if you're interested.  I have a few copies left and am selling them for $10.  Mike wrote about the day he played hookey.

If you could scan in a picture of Joyce as an adult, I'd love to see it. I am so sorry I took so long to pursue where she went. But then again, she probably wouldn't have remembered me.  I've been researching various family lines and several lived in and around Albany.  Have cousins there now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment