My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Gonna' Be a Good Sewing Day

Dug around in a couple bins and found even MORE material I need to play with.  Love these kitchen curtains I've had since probably the 90's?  Pattern is bright and cheery but I've got to quit storing them and DO SOMETHING WITH THEM!  So .... today they're getting cut up into large squares for a quilt.

Mary gave me a stack of Jake's old receiving blankets and I think I'm gonna cut at least a couple or more into squares for my flannel quilt in progress.  Will probably use others for the backing.

Also found these drapes (heavy cotton I'm pretty sure) so they're gonna get cut into large squares, as well.  I think I'm gonna look around on YouTube for tips on making applique quilts. Those are my favorites.  Not necessarily quilts but wall hangings.  I suspect I'm gonna be holed up in that sewing den for the winter.

Went to the library yesterday and picked up four audio books and 4 genealogy magazines.  My goal for this month is to get myself across town to the Mormon Church Library and see if I can't get some help on locating Charley Blankenship.  My mind runs wild imagining his story.  Was he grandpa's younger brother? Was he born to one of grandpa's sisters or brothers and their mom and dad adopted? Was he  adopted from another family?  Why can't I find his birth or death record?  (too many Charley's out there, for one thing) Maybe he changed his name.  I know the son of one of grandpa's other brothers did that.  Sooner or later I'm bound to find that clue I'm looking for.

Well, I'd best get back to work.  I made a quick run down to the local grocery to mail off a book. Every now and then, Hunter tells me I sold one on Ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment