My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, September 28, 2015

Just sewing along

Continuing to keep myself occupied in the sewing room.  I wanted to practice making a "quilt-as-you-go" quilt so I worked on this blanket using an old sheet, and a couple of curtains.  I should have make it one panel wider and I should have used loftier batting but I'm learning as I go.  The batting I used is probably better for wall hangings...but now I know.

I like making quilts this way as the hardest part for me is having to stand up to put the quilt top, bottom, and batting together on the kitchen table. With this method, each square is quilted so once the rows are connected and the binding is put on, the blanket is finished.  I'm using my walking foot a lot more than I ever did and that's helping too.

I also saw this video for making Christmas ornaments so I thought I'd try it out today.  You use a lid or bowl to draw a circle on two different colors of material and then you basically just sew, turn, and sew the sides together to make a pinwheel of sorts.  You add a button or decoration to the middle and put on a cord for hanging.   I plan to make some more but I'll use a larger lid next time.

 Sue and Paul brought over a birthday pizza yesterday along with some flower bulbs and some flowers already blooming. She's coming back in a couple of days to help me get them in the raised beds and the pots on the back deck.  Need to do a little cleaning up out there and Sue is especially good at that time of thing.
                                                       Jenni came by too.

Here I am enjoying Sunday golf on tv.  Hunter was later to mow the back lawn. He tried setting me up with my selfie stick and cell phone but he couldn't get it to work. He wonders if maybe my phone is not compatible with it.

Here's some pictures Mary sent me recently.....
                                                        Andy with the Seahawk
                                                         Jake and Andy at the circus

                                                           Mary and Jake in the car
Jake at a farm with his nanny.  The tractor kind of scared him a little.  So cute.

Stupid feet continue to give me grief and I'm not real sure what's going on down there.  I'm trying to wear sensible shoes with the inserts (most of the time) but I don't think that's the problem.  I'm going to hold off making a podiatrist appointment to see if the problem fixes itself.  If I walk carefully, I'm okay but I can't flex my foot to give it stretching exercises.  Something with the Achilles I think.

Well, I guess I'll hit the sack. Was up at 6 a.m. this morning and it makes for a early night if I don't get a nap during the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment