My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Back and Forth Weather

I woke up early and found myself WIDE AWAKE. Never know for sure why that happens but you just have to go with the flow.  I was up and dressed by 5:30 a.m.  Guess who's gonna need a nap when she finishes blogging today.  I think her name starts with a J!

It's been a pretty productive day, for the most part.  I picked up Hunter and ran three errands. Cashed in my Match 4 ticket ($28 winnings) and bought myself another for the next 10 draws.  Stopped by Walgreen's to pick up photos for Maddie and then filled up the gas tank at Safeway.  I paid bills yesterday and made a point of depositing at least some in savings. By the time I paid the dentist and the other monthly bills, the ole checkbook was looking kind of lean.  I'll have to watch my pennies thru September.

Want to get a little sewing done today but I'm already feeling like I'm running on fumes so I may have to wait until after my nap or just give up the idea and try for tomorrow morning.  I have to make some cookies too.  Priorities, you know!

I watched a show on Amazon Prime last night that apparently is a series so I'm kind of looking forward to the second episode this evening. It's a PBS offering called 'Heat of the Sun.' Pretty good. Also started reading  the first book of Game of Thrones.  I bought the first season on DVD but am saving it for a while.

Hunter sent me pictures he took of him and his dad when they went hiking in the mountains. I wish I was strong enough to hike. The views are something to behold. Seems odd to see no snow up there when you drive around the PA streets. Sure hope that changes soon.
 Love this one of Wayne having to stop and rest.  I admire him for doing this, though. That father and son activity is something Hunter will always have to remember.














                                              Hunter said they could see Canada very easily.


Here's three views of the  high school that I took yesterday when I was the taxicab.


These shots I took in the back yard this morning. Going to have to stop buying bird seed again as the blue jays are just as bad as those pigeons once they discover a feed place.






I bought these at Walmart a couple days ago as I saw them advertised and wondered if they were any good.  I had one today and it was WONDERFUL!

These are three pictures I saw in the Leader this morning that I thought were pretty nice. Town portrait is in two pictures as I couldn't copy the whole thing as one. I didn't recognize anyone.

This was a shot of the boat haven. It sure has changed since I was a kid riding my bike in the area.
Was so happy to have Hunter here today. Since school starts tomorrow, I needed to use him as quickly as I could. Ha!  He replaced my doorbell and the new one plays all kinds of tunes.  He also  got down on his tummy and vacuumed the refrigerator coils as well as the area behind the fridge. Also replaced the water filter for me.

Here's Jake in his new raincoat.  Him and Mama had a nice long walk in the rain yesterday which was a real adventure when you get to stop and look at water going down the gutter and into drains.

And last but not least, here's three pics from Facebook that made me laugh out loud......







No comments:

Post a Comment