My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Thursday morning

Woke up with another calf charlie horse this morning.  I think this is the 3rd or 4th time this week. I can't figure out (as usual) what's causing it.  Probably not drinking enough water but who knows. I'm am taking magnesium and potassium tablets but we'll see....
Besides the pain involved, I get frustrated that I have to get up earlier than I wanted to.  Kind of puts me in a fog all day if I'm not getting enough sleep during the night.  My, but that statement was profound, wasn't it?  Ha ha

I cleaned my bathroom counter and sink and decided to tidy up the drawers with pills and tubes of this and that. Did manage to toss a few outdated items.  A couple of them I had to google to see what they were for.  Antidepresants.  Guess I'll hang on to them. You just never know when you're gonna be depressed again. Ha!

Neighbors moved out yesterday so now I'm waiting to see who the new people are.  I made a quick Walmart run this morning and as usual, their customer service gets an E!  I wanted a yard of flannel but trying to get a clerk to answer the button they have nearby was useless. I even grabbed a guy who went "in the back" to try and find her.  Typical.  I finally left in disgust. What I should have done was pile the counter as high as I could with material first.  I did leave my two choices there. Darn. I wish I had thought of that.  Next time.  Cause I know it will happen again.

Traffic was kind of "in your face" all the way there and back. Some days are just like that. Usually Fridays.  People darting in and out of their lanes just to pass one car. Red cars seemed to be especially bad. One guy even pulled up to the left of me at a light (I was in the turn left lane; he was in the parking lane) and then he decided he was going to turn left.  So he did. I was glad when I finally turned on to my street coming home. About a block away there's a huge apple tree (maybe two trees) that are loaded with fruit.  Some has fallen onto the street. Seems a shame the people don't think to set up a sign saying Free apples for the picking.  I could probably stop and ask for some but then I'd feel obligated to come home and put up applesauce.  And I'm too tired.  I do hate to see them going to waste, though.

Taped The Late Show with Stephen Colbert the other night but it was a waste of time.  He was obviously nervous the way he kept straightening his paper work and well.....trying too hard.  I'm sure he'll be fine once he settles in.  He only had two guests: Clooney and Jeb Bush.  Both said absolutely nothing worth listening to. And I was none too pleased that Donald Trump seemed to get a whole lot of air time--when he wasn't even there!  How I detest that big mouth  son of a baboon!  Every day he seems to get worse (if that's possible).  What puzzles me is why no one really challenges him. There seem to be some half-hearted attempts but the media, of course, thrives on his poor taste and eat it up.

I did eliminate two more candidates from my list of maybe or we'll see....Huckabee (who I was kinda liking) and Ted Cruz (who I didn't actually like from day one!)  I'm also taking Bush off my list and Christie.  Can't say that any of the others are really impressing me except Ben Carson.  But I'm betting he doesn't have a chance. I'm still liking Hillary, even if the media and other politicians are trying to set a bonfire around her.  Politics really do stink most of the time.

I fixed up my sewing room (again) and I think I'm gonna' be more apt to spend time in there now. I took my computer room floor mat and placed it in the sewing room so I can scoot between the sewing machine, table, and ironing board.  Makes all the difference when you don't have to deal with your back, hips, or legs aching.  I've had a heck of a time with knee pain this past week.  I suppose that's just gonna be the way it is. Period.

I made a homemade pizza for dinner last night.  Crust was an easy recipe using yeast.  Topped it with sausage, onions, carrots, tomatoes, green peppers, and cheese, of course.  It was delightful.

Not so delightful is watching the world news and seeing all those poor people being displaced because of war in Syria.  It just breaks your heart and kind of seems like history is repeating itself when you think about the Jews persecution during the holocaust.  Sad too that it took us so long to actually step up and do something about it.  I suspect there are plenty of people out there who would help if they knew what they could do.

Well, maillady just drove by so guess I'll go see if there's anything of interest in my box today.
Then, it's back to the sewing room for a few hours.  I'm trying out different tips I saw on YouTube videos.


No comments:

Post a Comment