My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Sewing Skills ..or lack thereof

Spent the better part of my day in the sewing room.  I know I'm going to learn various techniques by learning from my mistakes.  Today I learned I need to have my quilt more quilted before I try binding it and I need to have my binding strips wider than 2".  Haven't quite figured out yet just why I bent three needles (all while using my walking foot).  Hopefully my quilts will get better as I go along. And bigger.  I may end up just doing wall hangings too.

Even with my frustrations today of the binding just not working right, I still had fun (most of the time).  Need to give it a rest now and maybe scoot on back to genealogy research for a day or so. Here's my pictures....







I saw an advertisment on my Roku last night for SLING TV.   I went online to check it out and decided I'd give it a try.  The first week is free and then it's $20 a month.  I think there were 20 channels you could get. Among them:  CNN,AMC, TNT, HGTV, HIST, A&E, ESPN, TBS, IFC,and others.  I don't get any of these with my basic cable service.  If I was  to subscribe to the next level with cable, it would cost me an extra $40 a month or thereabouts.  I think I'll try out Sling and see if I like it.  I can always unsubscribe from Netflix for a while but we'll see......

Happy 65th birthday to my baby brother, Dana Gene. Here he is in one of the Rhody Runs and the second is one of my favorites of him and Dad walking the Scott Trail.


Happy Birthday also to my cousin, Ann Evans in Tacoma, and my classmate, Bobby Comas, in Texas. Bobby and I go back to 1943.  Our mothers shared a room at the hospital. In those days, moms stayed in bed longer than they do now. I was born a week later. When we started school, we ended up in the same class every single year from first grade through 8th grade.  And probably into high school for some classes too.  I don't remember my kindergarten class.

Well, guess I'll go see what's on tv.  I finished an Agatha Christie audio book while working on my quilt so I'm kind of in a British sort of mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment