My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Crabs,Grasshoppers & Penquins







Got these three little bus ads video from Bill Koepke in Hawaii.  I thought they were terrific.

It's 11 a.m. and I just finished 40 minutes (about)of bike riding up and down the street and around the block and down the alley.  There's a short dead end street a half block from my house where no building has gone on yet and it's become a dumping ground for litter bugs and stupid lazy pigs!


 This piece of carpet appeared a couple days ago and this morning, a couch showed up to keep it company. A woman down the street usually calls the garbage company and they pick it up. Good thing too because the other end of this road is more isolated yet with tall trees and people throw out all kinds of large furniture.
 I watched two pretty good movies last night. 'The Missing' was on TV starring Tommy Lee Jones (who I adore) and Cate Blanchett.  It was pretty violent in places but sometimes I'm in the mood for blood and guts.  Ha ha  It was a 2003 movie filmed in NM and had scenes of Spanish, English, and Apache spoken.

'The Way' was directed by Emilio Estevez and starred his dad, Martin Sheen. It was a 2010 movie filmed in Calif, France, and Spain.  You got to see lots of good European scenery and local culture. Held my interest all the way through.

And  that's about all I have for now.  Gonna continue to work on tying my quilt at the kitchen table and huntin' for pieces of my Wizard of Oz jigsaw puzzle.  I did finish a book yesterday by Melissa Anderson (Mary on Little House). I thought it was going to be better than it was. I ended up skimming through most of it as it was just page after page of what happened on certain episodes.  I already know all the episodes and was wanting to know more dirt.  I know.  I'm bad.

Starting to cloud up a bit and I can feel fall in the air. HOORAY!  I love fall.
Oh.... and does anybody know.....do I need a pass to get into Fort Worden?  I want to drive my cousins through next Saturday and maybe stop at the beach to eat sandwiches.


3 comments:

  1. The last time we were in PT, we drove through Fort Worden and were never asked to pay for anything. We just drove through and left

    ReplyDelete
  2. In reality, you do need to stop and get a pass at the office. It's 10.00 for the day or 30.00 for the yearly Discovery Pass. I don't know how closely their monitoring the comings and goings of cars for passes but if your caught without one the fine is hefty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you have to have one to park and do anything at the Fort including staying in your car and eating. I don't know if you need one to drive through though. We bought one of the Discovery passes but I am so irritated at having to use it, I have not been to the fort since.

    ReplyDelete