My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Spiders and Stuff

Sometimes I think I notice autumn quicker than I do the other seasons.  Maybe it's a toss-up with spring because the days slowly get longer and you start to see buds growing, but autumn always reminds me of days past, holidays coming, school starting, trees turning color, and days growing darker before I really want them to.

The last few days I've also noticed that the spiders are moving inside.  I wonder if that means it's going to be a cold winter.  I've noticed an awful lot of webs and long flowing strings floating up high in the corners of every room in the house.  Sometimes I even walk into one when I come in from outside.  I went out on the front porch to sweep the steps and found myself batting that broom around over my head in every direction as I discovered more and more "homes" being constructed by insects.

Hunter and I went to the library this morning so he could pick up a book they had on hold for him. I checked out a couple of audio books as I plan on doing some sewing next week and I bought a VHS movie for a dollar. (The Big Chill)  I also searched a bit on the microfilm of 1943 Leaders. Have an idea for a topic for my Town Kid blog.  Hasn't completely gelled in my mind yet but it's rolling around in there.

I ran into the doctor for a quick check of my finger that isn't healing and has continued to hurt for close to a month. Come to find out, putting hydrogen peroxide on it three times a day has prevented it from healing. Who knew?!  I've switched over to Neosporin so I'm sure glad I decided to go in.  Hunter went to the doctor with me so afterwards we picked up sandwiches for lunch. Mary had given me a Subway gift card (THANKS MARY!)

We drove around town a little bit debating on whether or not to follow yard sale signs we saw posted. Decided to skip them for today. I did stop and take some pictures when we ended up on a dead end street overlooking downtown.
 Tons of logs being readied for overseas customers

                                        Nippon Paper Mill in the distance

We stopped at Dairy Queen and got soft ice cream cones and then Jenni picked him up when she got off work. Maddie has a soccer game later this afternoon. She was nominated for Student of the Month this week too.

Hadn't planned on doing any housework today but after I tried on my new Ebay t-shirt that arrived in the mail, I decided I needed to wash it.  The sizing finish or whatever it is on there was making me itch.
I mowed the front lawn yesterday but it only took me five minutes.  That should do it for this year. I rearranged some of my yard knickknacks in the back but I may have to rearrange them again because everytime I glance out there, I do a double-take thinking there's an animal in my yard.  I love my short term memory these days.
I've still got some color blooming on the back deck, though; and the birds are still stoppin' to take a dip in the front yard bird bath--even had a big ole crow today.



I'm going to Jenni's for my birthday supper tomorrow. Wayne went camping with his uncle for a few days but will be home today. He took Sammy, and Jenni is anxious to get the dog back.  Not Wayne so much as she loved having the bed to herself but she does miss the pooch. ha ha

Much to my surprise, I've been stopping to watch golf as I surf around with the remote.  Even though I've never played and have never had any interest in the game...suddenly I'm finding it very entertaining.  Not sure where that's coming from.

Well, I'm off to the recliner for a nap.  I took the memory foam off my mattress yesterday and I didn't sleep well all night long, so I'm putting it back on.  I thought it was contributing to my backache but now I've decided that I was just constipated.  Yep! Sooner or later, I'll record my whole life on this blog. hee hee

No comments:

Post a Comment