My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Perfect Secretary



Found this video on the Mad Men collection and thought it worthy.

I'm going to have to start watching The Simpsons more regularly. I've always thought they were funny but I never did make it a point to always tune in.  I came across it the other night while surfing and laughed and laughed and laughed again.  Their parodies of life are so on the button.  More than once I've half listened to Spongebob Squarepants when the kids had it on and I'd find myself looking up with interest, laughing, and then looking at the kids to see if "they got it."  Odd little show but definitely entertaining.

Everytime the CMA shows (country music) are scheduled to appear, I tape them religiously hoping that THIS TIME surely they'll have some good music.  I taped it a few nights back (3 hours worth) and then sat down to FF through commericals and stuff I didn't care for.  I guess I just have to accept the fact that what I consider good country is stuff I listened to years ago. Everything these days pretty much sounds the same and it's all sugar coated teflon.  I sat there with remote in hand yelling 'YOU SUCK!' and probably only stopped once or twice to give them a little bit more time to try and entertain me.  I've always like Rascal Flatts, Sugarland (they weren't on), and Lady Antebellum but most of the others were probably more appealing to young kids.  I like Carrie Underwood but not when she dresses in short shorts and acts like a sexy tart!

Even if they'd had the "old stars" on, they probably would only have gotten minimal air time.  I wish someone would present a two hour show compliled of old clips of people who really know how to sing country.  Like Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, George Jones, John Conlee, Kris Krist., Kenny Rogers, Statler Bros, Elvis, Bob Dylan, Brenda Lee, Everly Brothers, Conway Twitty, Vince Gill, Emmylou Harris, Lacy J Dalton, Randy Travis, and Lorrie Morgan.

If you want to see some good commercials, go to YouTube and search for Xfinity. Here's one I caught the other day and enjoyed.



I rode with Yvonne yesterday to go to Sequim and pick up her cat at a 'Cat B&B' that she boarded him at. It was called Cats Pajamas.Google it to see pictures.  Very neat!  When we drove up, two border collies greeted us. As soon as Yvonne opened her car door, one dog stuck his head inside and dropped his tennis ball on the floor mat.  We laughed.
The grounds were really nice. I especially liked this cherry tree.
 
 
Woke up to foggy skies this morning but it's supposed to burn off later.  I rearranged my living room and kitchen (just a little bit) and plan to work on my quilt piece today, along with transcribing diaries and working on my book.
 

My neighbor two door down has a new puppy that she walks up and down the street now and then.
I took a quick picture from my window.
 
Well, gotta go pick up Maddie at the orthodontists so I'm off.......



No comments:

Post a Comment