My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Nine-TWO-TWO-twelve

Ahhhh...one more year and I will have made it to my seventies! Lordy!  It makes me happy and sad at the same time. 

I thought it was going to be cloudy but the sun came out after all. Didn't matter as I opted to stay inside all day long.  Was kind of tired so I spent a good part of the day napping in my recliner, waking up to read, going back to snooze again, waking up to eat or work a crossword puzzle, surfing the net, watching tv...just fun stuff.

I did manage to get a load of laundry washed and fresh sheets on the bed so I guess that was productive enough for a 69th birthday. Tomorrow Yvonne and I will hang out for a few hours while the realtors have an open house.  I think we'll hit Sunday yard sales and go to KFC for some chicken.

I was going to go to Jenni's for dinner but we postponed for a week as she's under the weather. I wanted to make sure I was home to watch the Emmy's at 5 o'clock anyhow.  Sue and I were going to go to lunch but she got called in to work at the last minute so we'll catch up next weekend.

I was watching the 1954 horror flick "THEM" and when I looked up the cast on IMDB, I saw that an old soap opera favorite of mine was playing a cop in one of the scenes. I'll have to watch it again to see if I can recognize him. I don't watch soaps these days but back in 1964-1967 I was hooked on General Hospital.  Nurse Jessie and Dr. Hardy. (Hardy was played by John Beradino)

Here's the pictures I took today....
I noticed a whole lot of birds out front and after a while, a few robins came to look things over. I noticed one old bird watching me from the window and I suspected he wanted in the birdbath so I kept out of sight. I was right.

Think I'll go out there and fill the bath up with fresh water. It's been getting a good workout.  Later in the afternoon I noticed the neighbor lady, Gretal, out with her two dogs, Lucky and Teddy. Just had to run out and take a picture.
I did a little transcribing of my 2006 diary.  It pretty much put me to sleep. I have got to work harder at writing interesting stuff in my journals. Here's two entries from May of that year.

5-25-06: A potato caught fire in my microwave.
5-26-06: Had a good time with the twins. Taught them out to play marbles. We hung hummingbird feeders.

Yep!  Totally exciting.

Well, back to my recliner.  I certainly had interesting dreams last night. Lots of people showed up that aren't with us anymore.  Hope that doesn't mean I'm joining them soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment