My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, July 26, 2014

A nice relaxing Saturday at home

Well, I haven't actually done anything all that interesting today but I'm contented with boredom most of the time.    The sun is shining, the wind is blowing lightly, the crows are hanging out at the bird bath, and I'm occupying myself by surfing various genealogy websites.  Found a list of a couple dozen in one of the Family Tree Magazines I checked out of the library, and it never fails to amaze me what's out there if you know where to look.

I made a special 'save' folder called genealogy blogs so I can access them later at my leisure.  I've had my Pandora Music channel playing all morning but switched over to golf.  It's a comforting background noise for me.  I managed to get one load of laundry done but that's probably going to be the extent of my housework chores today.  Besides working on  my genealogy hobby, I'll probably just watch movies on Netflix, read, and nap.  Yep! Exciting day.

Mary sent me a picture via her phone of Jake's first ferryboat ride.  So cute!
Got an email last week that my tabs were ready to expire.  I just skimmed over the message and thought it was my driver's license that needed renewing and figured I had until my birthday next month to do it.
This morning I reread and see it was my tabs (and they expired this week). Uh oh.. Sent off a payment via email and now I notice my driver's license is also due next month.  Seems to never end the stuff you have to pay for these days.


I decided I needed to get busy on selling my Town Kid book.  Got a whole box of them sitting in the back bedroom; just been lazy about it.  Want to buy one?  I'm shipping them out free now. Give me a hollar at cedarrose61@hotmail.com.  I think you'll enjoy it. Has to do with memories and pictures of Port Townsend life in the past.

Every once in a while, I'll go to IMDB and read up on some movie star. A few days ago it was Whoopie Goldberg. I read this:


Discovered by director Mike Nichols.
2000: Broke up with boyfriend of five years Frank Langella.
Travels to locations by bus since she hates flying.

Dropped out of high school and became addicted to heroin. She ended up marrying her drug counselor. She cleaned up and later divorced him. In 1974, she moved to California and helped found the San Diego Repertory Company, where she used the name, Whoopi Cushion. Before making it as an actress, she worked as a bank teller, a bricklayer and in a mortuary.
Is dyslexic.
Is an avid Fiesta Ware (china) collector.
Is one of only four actresses who won the quadruple crown of acting: The Oscar, Tony, Emmy and Grammy.
Good friends with Patrick Stewart and Marlon Brando. Married and divorced three times to Alvin Martin, David Claessen, and Lyle Trachtenberg. Also dated Ted Danson for a time.

Found a list of "see you later alligator" sayings that I'd been trying to memorize.  Here's one for today..
Toodle-oo Kangaroo!


No comments:

Post a Comment