My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, July 7, 2014

On the computer

I probably shouldn't have moved my computer out here to the kitchen. I find I'm on more than usual, just because it's comfortable to sit here and put my leg up and have the tv or music playing.  And  having the sliding glass door open blowing a breeze on me doesn't hurt either.  Still, I do need to get a handle on how much I'm online.  Just so easy to jump around from one thing to another to keep myself amused.
Got a video in an email from Linda and Mel Farina yesterday and it was kinda cute.



I watched a Netflix movie last night with Matthew McConaughey called Mud.  It was pretty good. One of the characters (Sam Shepard) was named Tom Blankenship.  A few nights back I watched this Norwegian movie called Escape.  I was surprised it held my interest all the way to the end because it was in a foreign language and it had no subtitles to read. I don't usually give those kind of flicks much attention.

While browsing the net, I came across this interesting website:  randomstreetview.com
It just goes around the world showing you scenes of the countryside.  Kinda cool.

I had to make a few errands today.  8 of them!  Felt sorry for this little old lady at the local grocery store. She was in the back where I was near the post office substation and was trying to use their copier. It was out of ink and it was especially busy in there so getting help was hit and miss.  That store needs to be twice the size it is as far as the main area where you pay.  Way too congested to maneuver. Doesn't help that they sell hot food there too.  The parking lot is one of the worst in town.  The lady I mentioned discovered as she was leaving that a big dent had been put in the side of her passenger door. At least the girl who did it stayed to exchange info.  I dread using that parking lot but it's the only place you can mail a package without having to go to the post office.  And I hate the post office more.

I've had music playing all day long.  Have Pandora set to shuffle so I'm getting a real good mix.  Looked up CCR as I was curious about how they got their name. Found this on Google.....

Tom Fogerty's friend Credence Newball, whose name they changed to form the word creed (as in creed); a television commercial for Olympia beer ("clear water"); and the four members' renewed commitment to their band. And I stopped to watch my favorite Chuck Berry video on YouTube.


Thursday morning I'm leaving the house at 5 a.m. to make sure I catch the ferry I need in Bainbridge. Have I already mentioned this? Probably.

Well, enough for now.  If you get a chance, I submitted a new post on my Town Kid blog yesterday.
www.ptleader.com

No comments:

Post a Comment