My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Eureka!

For weeks I've looked for my camera - here and there and everywhere.  Finally gave up.  This morning I grabbed a canvas bag to carry some library books to return and when I got to the library to take the books out so I could put them in the slot, out fell my camera!  I stood there staring at it.  Was speechless because I've torn this place apart looking for that camera and I was sure I had looked in ALL  my bags.  I still can't believe it was in this particular bag as it wasn't one I took when I went to Mary's to spend a few days on the Rocket Van.  I wonder now if it could have possibly been under the seat and was just jarred loose.  I kind of doubt that as I really searched hard in the car.  A mystery it shall reemain but I am thrilled to have it back.

I drove across town to the Morman genealogy library but unfortunately, they had no one there to help me.  The lady suggested I come back at 6 pm tonight or tomorrow.  We'll see.  I decided to stop at Big Lots since I was already on that side of town.  I spent less than $10 and drove across the street to pick up a junior burger at Wendy's.

Nothing much on my agenda today except genealogy searching -- and a nap.  I got up at 5:30 this morning but only because my body hurt laying in bed.  I was still plenty tired but knew I could catch up this afternoon.  Hunter came over yesterday to mow my lawn (mow my dandelions I mean) and we watched a movie on Crackle afterwards.  'Air Force One'.

I watched an episode of Orange is the New Black and Scandal last night but both are continuing to bore me so I think I'll move on.  I've been watching episodes of the History Channel on my Amazon Prime called 'America: the story of us'.  It's holding my interest but then I find I've been drawn to history topics more and more these days.

I started watching a 1977 movie called "Three Women" starring Janice Rule, Sissy Spacek and Shelley Duvall and while it got an 8.5 rating, I found it pretty dull -- and stupid!

Here's a picture Mary sent me of when they were out to dinner with Andy's visiting relatives from Germany.  I can't hardly believe how fast Jacob is growing up.

Well,it looks like  the sun has decided to come out after all today.  Maybe I'll take my nap on the deck.
Or maybe I'll bag a nap altogether and just dig in trying to find the elusive relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment