My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Another Day of Surfing the Net

Slowly but surely, I'm making a little headway on getting my genealogy notes in order.  When I stop to research one particular person, I'm sent on a wild goose  chase  trying to verify dates and names and places.  It never ends.  Especially when you can look at other peoples' family trees and see they've either used the same data or they have some of their own.  A person with OCD can find themselves stuck if they let the details wear them down.  Sometimes you just have to move on.

I worked on my mother's adoptive family (Blanchards  & Nisbets) and that was kind of fun as they're all pretty much local.  Eventually, I'll work on her biological family too. (Haskells & Stevens)  Most of my notes are devoted to dad's family (Blankenships & Holts) and I know I'm going to have to fan out to state archives to find the data I'm interested in.

The fog has been rolling through my backyard but I can see the wind is carrying it and it's probably going to be a warm day.  I got up at 7 a.m. after tossing and turning until 5 a.m.!  I couldn't believe how hard insomnia has been on me this week.  Surely I will sleep tonight.

I sent for this crossword puzzle book on Amazon and it arrived yesterday.
It starts out with puzzles from 1956 and goes thru 1989.  Really kind of funny to see the clues from the 50's and how easy they are.  (and how many I know)

Here's four more pictures I received in an email. I hope I'm not repeating but if I am...oh well...
                                                     female wrestlers in the 1950's
                                                         a chiropractor pageant in 1956
                                                               prom night 1957
                                                                 haircuts of the 50's

I finished watching this movie called Random Passage last night.  It was kind of cornbally in places but I watched both discs all the way through.  Well, I just heard the mail truck drive through so guess I'll go and see what exciting stuff isn't there.

In a shake, garter snake.......

No comments:

Post a Comment