My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Uhhhh...I think I'm overwhelmed

One thing leads to another when I get it in my head to organize.  I started out by going through the looseleaf notebooks I had with plastic pages full of various newspaper articles and such.  I planned to scan in any that had to do with family history.  I should have thrown some of it out 'cause once I started reading, I knew I was keeping things I really didn't need to.  I'll work on that during the next round.

I scanned a few and then got it in my head to maybe scan pictures in various boxes.  I gave that idea up quickly.  I've got a handle on those (sorta) as I have them distributed by Places (then separate towns and such) - People (friends, family (several categories there) and on and on.  One album was falling apart and every picture in it is numbered with a separate listing talking about the photo.  So.... I decided to take out every picture and maybe ?  I'm thinking... put the typewritten data I've done taped to the back.   Or.... at least write on each picture before I put it in its proper category box.

I hadn't really intended to do pictures but once I got into it, I knew I should keep going or it's never going to get done.  Maybe I'll even try and toss out a few.  At some point I will try and scan certain pictures for the family roots project I'm working on.  I've been tossing ideas around in my head for some time trying to decide how I wanted to do this

First, though...I have a nice photo album that is empty so I'm going to make it a Jacob book.

Maybe if I only do pictures an hour a day, it won't seem so tedious.  And why did I stop to write this on my blog.  Cause I'm procrastinating getting to the task at hand.  Okay...here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment