My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, July 24, 2014

busy work

I've been spinning my wheels trying to find data on certain Blankenship relatives.  Today I decided to settle down and get to work and fan out in other directions.  I started out by making a list of my father's paternal and maternal sides of the family.  I already had names and dates and places, etc. but it was kind of scattered here and there and everywhere and I wanted to consolidate it into a central reference place.
My father’s Paternal Line                                            My father’s Maternal Line
Ralph Blankinsopp 1632-1720                                   Robert Holt 1605-1661 b Eng, imm to MD
ma Martha Stanley Hudson                                         ma Dorothy Heywood
d Henrico Co VA
Ralph Blankenship 1662-1714                                   Richard Holt 1641-1693 d Essex Co, VA
ma Martha Clay (b 1660)                                             ma Eliz Hudson, then Margaret Plunkett


John B. Blankenship 1697-1754                                Plunkett Holt 1689-1767 b Charlotte Co VA
ma Eliz Hudson, Sarah Wilkinson                                ma Eliz Robertson
Chesterfield Co VA

Isham Blankenship 1737-1810                                  Plunkett Holt, Jr 1726-1789 d Prince Edward Co VA
ma Sarah Wilkinson                                                      ma Ann


Zachariah Blankenship 1764-1840                           George Holt 1765-1840 d Cooper Co MO
ma Edith Wilkinson                                                       ma Mary Gilliam ma VA & moved to TN


Zadock Blankenship 1798-1861                                Littleberry (Berry)Holt 1794-1800 b VA
ma Jones, Eliz. Bolt                                                       ma Mary Ladusky Cobb Driskill


Lewis Marion Blankenship 1841-1911                     James R. Holt 1822-1884
ma Jane Downs                                                              ma Martha Stark 1825-1884


LewGene Blankenship 1878-1960                            George Wash.Vernon Holt 1852-1922 b MO d                                                                                                                                                           WA
ma Mae Holt                                                                  ma Mary Ellen Weatherly 1847-1917 B TN d                                                                                                                                                             WA


John A. Blankenship 1923-2009                                Viola Mae Holt  26 Sept 1883-24 Jan-1938                                                                                                                                            born    Auburn NE
ma Alice G. Nisbet                                                          ma. LewGene Blankenship ma 24 Dec 1903                                                                                                                                       in      Winlock WA


Joyce A. Blankenship 1943-                                       John A. Blankenship
ma John Baldridge                                                         ma Alice Nisbet 

I've been more interested in researching my g. grandparents forward but maybe I'll back up and work on the g. g. grandparents.  I seem to have a little more info on my dad's maternal side (the Holts) but for some reason, my strongest interest is on dad's paternal line. (where Charlie is)

I pretty much played around on the computer all day.  Maddie called and wanted to go to Walmart to buy a Sim card for her new phone that just arrived but after getting there, we discovered it would make more sense for her to order one free from the T-mobile website.  Mary's gonna get one off to her so now she's dealing with patience for it to arrive.  She's in love with the phone, that's for sure.

As long as we were out and about, I made a stop at Radio Shack (they couldn't help her) and a stop at Safeway and Big Lots.  Traffic was picking up and the temperatures were going up too so I was glad to get home.  Thankfully, when I was backing out of my garage, I was doing it slowly. I hit something  in the driveway and pulled back in.  The wind had knocked over the kids' basketball hoop.  Would have made a mess of my car if I'd hit it harder or if it fell while the car was in the driveway.  I consider myself lucky.
Mary and Andy have relatives of his visiting from Germany and I asked Mary how they communicate since they speak very little English. She told me she has an app on her phone that allows her to type what she wants to say and it translates into Germany.  They can read it or it can be voice activated.  Isn't the modern world amazing?!

They've been taking them all over.  Snoqualmie Falls, Seattle Center, out to dinner, swimming at the lake, Museum of Flight and they're going to set them up on a trip to the San Juans.  My calendar is pretty
empty of activities these days outside of doctor appt so I fill in where Mary is going instead.  Only way I can keep track of her.  

Yesterday she told me the last consulting job she had was for this outfit that had a community campaign going for Stolen Youth.  Mary worked on the advertising for it and lo and behold, they won a contest for the layout in a magazine or something like that.  I'm not getting it exactly right but I do know she gets flown to New York for the affair.  Her and Andy have since decided that he'll go too (with Jake of course) and then they can rent a car and drive two hours to his brother's place in upstate NY.  They haven't met Jake yet.

They've also got a trip to Whistler scheduled in September and a week in Hawaii at Thanksgiving.

Well, I guess I'll get off this laptop now.  My slump period is upon me and I'm dragging. For some reason I haven't been taking naps lately.  

No comments:

Post a Comment