My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July already

I've kept myself busy all morning. Nothing all that productive but I'm having an enjoyable time and that's all that matters.  I slept in the recliner all night although I gave it a two-hour try in my bed from 10 to 12.  I wake up rested and that's all I ask.

I had a muffin and cup of coffee for breakfast and then went outside to fill up the bird baths with clean water.  Seems to be the only birds taking advantage of this are the crows but when I see them actually climbing in to take a bath, I figure I've done a good deed.  Have decided (for the time being anyhow) to not refill the bird feeders.  Seed was getting too expensive to feed the already fat pigeons.  For a while there I was having gold finch, robins,wrens, and quail.  They all disappeared once the pigeons claimed the backyard as their territory.  I still have hummingbird nectar in the front but I've noticed those bird haven't been around for about a week or more.  Not sure why. Perhaps they've found feeders that aren't being stalked by neighbor cats.

Tomorrow I head down to the hospital to get an ankle/leg brachial test.  Or something like that.  Apparently I'll be exercising in between readings.  Next Monday I see a physician's assistant to discuss my recent blood work.  Still waiting to hear from the surgeon's office in Bellevue about scheduling an appt to get my shoulder worked on.  Medical visits seems to be the center of my social life this year.  I hope next year is different.

I decided to bake a cake this morning.  That's probably why my mood is elevated. Ha!  I've got the tv on and plan to watch (or at least listen) to the soccer match getting so much press.  I went shopping online earlier today.  Been wanting a jean jacket.

I started to fill out an ancestor chart on wikipedia genealogy but discovered my various files of information were "all over the place" and it slowed me down to a crawl trying to find what I wanted. Plan to make a list of all relatives with pictures and dates that I can refer to with the little side things I'm working on.

One thing led to another and I ended up getting out all my photo albums so I can start scanning in the
various old photos of family members here and there. Here's a video to make you laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment