My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Busy at the kitchen table

Started working on a photo project where I plan to disassemble  an old photo album  and scan some of the photos to my hard drive and ID the pictures before I put them in a photo box.  I'm probably going to have to dispose of some sooner or later as I have too many that are not really that necessary.  Especially some of me.  Odd how I keep getting uglier as I age.  I'd say "just kidding" but sadly, it's true.  Oh well...

I made an album on Facebook of some of the ones I scanned today as I think people will enjoy seeing them.  I know I had fun doing it.  I stopped to make a jello salad and a coleslaw.  Make a small bowl for me of each and will take the rest to the class picnic.  Tomorrow I'm going to make this cold rice dish which calls for salmon, crab, shrimp.

Walked through Walmart (from one damn end to the other!) trying to find a duster with a long handle. Couldn't find what I was looking for so I decided to come home and see what I could find in the garage. I did locate this old dust mop that had an extended handle on it so I took off the mop part to wash it in the washer.  I needed something to reach the ceilings and tall walls throughout the house as I keep eyeing cobwebs.  It's difficult for me to reach of my head so I've been putting off cleaning.

I heard on the news today that Walmart has lost profits the last five years.  They tried to blame it on Amazon and others but I'll tell you why they're losing business.  Their products are limited.  Especially their clothes.  They used to be a better quality and have more selection.  Now, everything looks cheap and costs twice as much.  I've noticed a whole lot of their prices are higher than they need to be. Plus you can't find a lot of things you're looking for.  And then there's the customer service problem.  I won't even go there.

Here's three items that I scanned yesterday.
This was in a 1938 Leader
This was in a Leader issue of 1945 (I think)




And this is a copy of 10 cent postcard of Chetzemoka Park. The back said Made in Germany, published by N.D. Hill & Sons and the postage required to mail it was one penny.

I've been watching this prison show on Amazon Prime called OZ.  It's from 1997 and man oh man, is it graphic.  Guys are thrown in isolation after screwing up and they're tossed onto a cement floor naked. You see EVERYTHING!  Naturally, I've been spellbound. ha ha

Well, I think I'll cut this short and see what I've got for supper.  Starting to warm up in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment