My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Summer rain

Woke up to the sound of light raindrops outside.  Kind of nice really.  That was a couple hours ago. I've got the dishwasher running, had breakfast, cleaned up the kitchen counter, and settled in on the laptop to read the Leader.  I had written a letter to the editor but it wasn't there.  Maybe next week.  It wasn't all that interesting anyhow.  Still, it was more interesting than all the boring election letters.

My tv remote quit working on me.  Not all the buttons; just the channel one which I need for surfing.  I cleaned out all my batteries thinking that was the problem (amazing how many dead batteries I was keeping on hand) but alas, it seems to be just that particular button.  I do have a universal remote in the sewing room which I think I'll bring out to the living room since I seldom use that tv in the other room. Only problem is, now I have to relearn how to program with it.  I hate that!

Right now I have a tv remote, a VCR remote, a DVD remote, and a Roko remote.  I've got it all down in my head exactly how they operate.  My hope is I can use the universal for tv only and continue with the other gadgets.  Not handy, I know, but I'm not sure I can manage programming four remotes into one. Things like that make me cry eventually.  I'll think on it.

Yesterday I hung a new shower curtain.  Well, an old shower curtain but still a pretty one.
I had the tub fixed with a sheer white curtain (for looks only) as the shower was seldom used. I have a step-in shower in my master bedroom/bathroom and it's much easier.  I went to my favorite thrift shop to find shower hooks since I couldn't locate the ones I had in the garage. I probably gave them away.  I found a sack full of hooks for .50 but it was too hard to get them separated to put in the curtain holes so I went to Big Lots and spend $1.50 on a set of 12.  Was hard for me to get the curtain rod  up (because of my shoulder issues) but I was determined.

Then I took down some blue curtains in the back bedroom (that is now empty and will be a storage room for stuff I want to sell or donate).  I took the blue curtains and hung them in the one front window I have  which is now the guest room/sewing room.  I like  having a change now and then.  I probably won't get back into sewing until this fall/winter.

Mary sent me a couple pictures of their house guests visiting from Germany. They took them to lunch and to Snoqualmie Falls this day.

Look at the hands on this cute dude!  He's gonna be a big boy, I think.  Hard to believe he's already sitting in restaurant high chairs.

While looking for something else yesterday, I came across an old King County library card.  I wonder if it's still valid.  Maybe when I go to Mary's next month, Catie or Mary can take me over to the Renton Library to browse around.  I love libraries.  Am thinking I might head up to ours today, as a matter of fact.  Want to pick up a birthday book for my sister (July 30th) to go with the counted cross stitch bookmark I'm working on.

Well, I guess I'll go to my ancestry blog and put up some grandparent pictures.  I'm getting so frustrated at not being able to locate the information I want, I may take a break from that and go in a different direction and look for other  people. The address of that blog is cedarrose61@wordpresscom.

No comments:

Post a Comment