My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, August 3, 2014

And August Begins...

Busy day for me yesterday. Drove over to Port Ludlow to meet up with a few classmates for our annual picnic.  Jovags are such great hosts.  They invited several friends, relatives, and neighbors as well so we had a good crowd.  I stayed about three hours and would have liked to have driven over to Beckett Point to visit cousins from Florida visiting the Areys but I was too tired to even think about the extra driving I'd have to do.  Jenni, Wayne, and the kids were at Fort Worden for another birthday party and I even thought about crashing that one.  I knew my limitations, though.

Traffic was heavy, the sun was hot, and I got home about 4:30.  Not much planned this week except an EKG tomorrow morning (requirement for pre-surgery) and then next Saturday I'll drive to Port Townsend for the fair.  Here's some of the pictures I took.  I should have put more effort into taking more but the sun did a number on me and all I wanted to do was sit in the shade.




 Sign out on the highway that Dick Jovag set up to point the way up to his house
                                                       Craig & Liz Hausler on the right
 Karen Jovag  & Dave Jenner looking over the huge assortment of food that was brought
                                      Gordon Papritz, a teacher we had in high school
 Sharon Hoare & Lew Morello relaxing in the sun. They recently sold their Diamond Point house and moved into the heart of Sequim
                                                  Herb Evanson & Craig Hausler

It was great seeing all those from my class who could make it this year --Ellen Jenner, Linda Pedersen, Sharon Sofie, Liz Hausler, Karen Jovag, Dave Marriott, Dave Worley, Lew Morello, John O'Brien, Bruce Chesterfield,  & Herb Evanson.  I was also especially pleased to see my ole pal, Cathi White  who came with Dave Deits.  Been ages since we've had a chance to sit down and visit.

I sold half a dozen books, much to my surprise, and it was fun meeting Karen and Dick's neighbors. It did make me realize again, though, how isolated I am up here on this street.  Sometimes it just happens that way, I guess.

Here's a picture I saw on Facebook of Jenni & Wayne at Fort Worden for their get together. That's Travis & Brandi Horton Hamon with them. (Brandi's birthday)
And of course, I have to share the latest from Mary regarding Jacob.  He's getting closer to being on his feet all the time.  He can get himself up to a sitting position now and we're betting he bypasses crawling to go straight to walking.  They've already lowered his mattress in the crib so they're not surprised some morning by him managing to tumble out.



No comments:

Post a Comment