My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tuesday afternoon

Still waiting on a phone call to let me know what time I need to show up at the hospital tomorrow.  Mary is upstairs working from home and Jake is at daycare.  I wanted to ride along so I could see what the "waddle room" looked like that he's graduated to from the infant room. I was especially interested in how they get young toddlers to sleep on mats.  They do, though.  It was nap time when we arrived. This one room is darkened and a CD player has soothing music playing.  Not real soft but normal sound so the outside noises in the room next door (where more toys and climbing mats are) won't startle them awake.
I noticed a school bus in the parking lot and Mary says it's one they hire and bring in so the kids can go inside and bounce around like a bouncy house and other activities.

Catie came over for dinner last night 'cause her apartment house blew a transformer and the electricity was going to be out until today. She showed me her latest bead project. She drew the design herself.
I babysat Jake this morning while Mary was upstairs showering and had to take a couple pictures...just because.   Here he is posing for Grandma after his bath and the second one is him watching Sesame Street.  They seldom have the TV on when he's up so he found it interesting. (for a while)  He is only 8 months.

Whew! It's already starting to warm up in here.  It gets a lot hotter on this side of the water than it does on the peninsula.
Dave Marriott sent me this photo in an email this morning. Shows the Redskin rock being disassembled. Depressing for both of us.
I've got one more episode of OZ to watch and then I'm done with all six seasons.  Was going to watch it last night but the finale was two hours long and I knew I wouldn't make it until midnight.  This heat makes me more tired than usual.

Hospital just rang me up and I check in at 11:45.  Be glad when this is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment