My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, August 18, 2014

Monday Morning in Renton

It's a little after 10 a.m. and all is quiet.  I've surfed my usual websites, worked my crossword puzzle, and downloaded some video and pictures.  I wanted to get some of Jake crawling but when he's really going at it, my camera seems to be out of reach.  Anyhow, here's a short 39-second one I took this morning.  Mary's gonna have to move her potted plants and other floor decorations soon as he keeps eyeing them.



I arrived at the Tacoma Narrows Bridge about 10 am on Saturday. Getting to my cousin's place on Union Avenue was fairly easy although I did take one wrong turn.  We visited for a few hours and I drove us down to Taco Time for lunch. (her favorite place)
                              Ann graduated from Garfield High School with Quincy Jones.


Mary and Andy arrived a little before 2 pm and luckily Andy knew that area well so he drove the backroads avoiding I-5 which was snarled.  We had to get on it at one point but it was okay by then. They fixed up my bedroom so it's very cozy.  I have a table for my laptop, a large flat screen tv and I stopped at Bartells to pick up a small table fan.  My own bathroom is right next door.

I was exhausted Saturday night so I fell in bed at 9 but last night I watched a couple episodes of OZ on my laptop.  They're picking me up a "box" today so I'll be able to watch the TV set during the rest of my stay.  Mary picks me up at 2:30 this afternoon so I can go to my pre-surgery appt in Issaquah.

Yesterday they had a barbeque in the col-de-sac down the street for all the members of the owner's association.  They only had about 5 families or so participate but that was fine. Catie came over and we visited while eating burgers, chips, and fruit.
This morning I took a few pictures of my surroundings so I'd have something to post besides the usual birds, lawn, and nutty stuff I have to work with while writing from home.
 Here's Mary saying goodbye to Jake as Andy heads off to daycare in Bellevue. They take turns taking and picking him up each day depending on their schedules. They both can work from home certain days. Andy works in Bellevue for T-Mobile and Mary is contracted to Microsoft right now.
 Here's my car awaiting my return to Port Angeles (hopefully Aug. 31 if I'm able to drive. Otherwise, Sept. 7.)
 The gate that they installed for when Jake decides he needs to investigate upstairs.
The gadgets and equipment they have for babies these days never fails to amaze me.  This is a pacifier like thing. (He won't have anything to do with pacifiers). Anyhow, you put a piece of fruit like cantalope or orange in the mesh bag and they suck on it for nourishment.  Course Jake is already eating tiny pieces of fruit so Mary doesn't know if he'll be all that interested.  He's cutting teeth again --his 5th & 6th already.  He'll be 8 months old this Saturday.

Well, I guess I'll go watch the huge TV in the living room. I'm sure Andy is thrilled he doesn't have to share his remote with his mother-in-law. I'm thrilled too!  hee hee

No comments:

Post a Comment