My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, August 1, 2014

Early Friday morning

Woke up feeling achy, sore, tired, and just plain blah!  Used to be mornings were my best time of day but I never seem to wake up full of energy and pep anymore.  Takes at least a hour of moving about, splashing water in my face, and coffee.  Oh well, at least I woke up!

Worked my daily Yahoo Crossword puzzle and now I'm starting in on my pictures project again.  Going to scan certain photos as I come across them.  Still waiting for my old computer to warm up (I use it for scanning) so I thought I would blog a bit to kill time.

Mary Gaboury just called and said her Deleo Derby wore her out and she's too tired to try and make a trip to the peninsula again for the class picnic tomorrow.  Next weekend she's having a garage sale at Mosher's house in the middle of Hadlock.  I think I'll stop by on my way to the fair.

Mary's big news was that her sister, Teresa, bought her a car!  I am so happy for her.  Mary has been driving clunkers all her life and has been more or less without wheels for the last couple of years.  They had gone to the dealership in Port Angeles so Tree could take care of some business.  While Mary and Tree's son, Mike, walked around looking at cars, they came across one with a big red bow on it.  Mike asked her how she liked it and then Teresa came along and said "Well, it's yours -- free and clear!"  Mary cried and cried.  I intend to send Tree a card I'm so happy she did that for her sister.

Well, back to the scanner I go.  I've been putting photos on Facebook as I get them scanned. Here's a bunch  I did this morning of family picnics. (click on photos to enlarge)





No comments:

Post a Comment