My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Later in the afternoon.....

It's 1:30 and I still haven't got my genealogy searching started.  Decided to write a quick post on my Town Kid blog and was surprised to have it rejected.  The paper says the blogs aren't "supervised by an editor" but apparently it does have a scanner of sorts in place that will keep you from posting if you use a word they don't like.  One week I was told to rewrite and discovered it didn't like "hell" or maybe it was "damn".  Anyhow, I thought that was kind of lame but I let it go.

This morning I got rejected again for using profanity.  I reread the piece over and over and "damned" if I could find the problem word.  I called the lady at the Leader who often helps me get my accompanying picture posted and she said she'd read my piece and see what their scanner was upset about.  She wrote me back saying "Good Grief!"  I'd mentioned a guy at our reunion called Dick and the computer scanner misread my meaning.  ha ha ha    The Leader gal fixed it.  I guess their program is kind of like Word correcting your type  when you don't want them to.

Reminds me of  a  "saying" I saw on Facebook once. It made me laugh so I printed it out.  Have to go find it 'cause I can't remember now exactly how it went.  Be right back...


Well, nuts!  I can't find it now.  I did find a lot of interesting things online, though, regarding spell check. I'm going to have to go back and look at them again.

Hunter stopped in to use my printer.  He's big on eBay and has been buying and selling for sometime. He uses my account but he's really smart when it comes to math so I never worry when I see money coming out of my account (or going in) as he keeps on top of it.  Today I transferred $146 from paypal to my bank (stuff he had sold).  He wanted the money as he's planning on buying an air compressor.

I made a pitcher of iced tea and a dozen chocolate cupcakes so life is good.  If you get a chance,  go to my Town Kid blog at www.ptleader.com


No comments:

Post a Comment