My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, August 29, 2014

Owww! That hurts!

SURGERY SUCKS!
 Got my staples out today and while that didn't hurt all that much, I am a tad uncomfortable. Am sure it's gonna take a while.  Using the computer is hit and miss but I'm determined to at least get a couple sentences done.

Have tons to write about but it'll keep. Here's one Mary took pre-surgery.
Stayed two nights in the hospital and will come back Oct. 2 for the six-week followup. Meanwhile, I'm restricted to very light physical therapy at home until after my six-week appt and then it's at least six weeks of p/t in Port Angeles.  Nice hospital (Swedish at Issaquah) but glad it's over with.

Very weak still and other body parts decided to get in the act to make life miserable.  Meaning the colon and surrounding areas. Went through the same ordeal with the knee surgery last year.  I suspect the anesthesia doesn't agree with my system.  Nightmares were over the top horrendous and made me cry!

Can't drive as soon as I thought I would be able to but am still going home Aug. 31.  Mary and Andy will drive their car and my car to Silverdale where Jenni and Wayne will take me the last leg home.
Activities will be limited and I can't lift anything but if I can get on the computer a bit, that will help.

Best part was getting to watch Little Jacob. Here's his 8-month photo.
This will most likely be the extent of my blogging until next week. I have a ton to say about everything. (I thought the Emmys stunk!)


No comments:

Post a Comment