My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Another chilly morning

I've got a few "computer things" to work on today.  I need to get some of my genealogy notes in order; I need to file pictures away in various folders; I have two letters to write; I'm going to check out the music website, Spotify; I'm going to sign up for Instagram; I'm going to recheck my Twitter account and see if I can't figure out how it works exactly; I need to check out 'Linked In' that I signed up for and never went further; and I need to browse around on Pinterest.  Might begin to sort through my Christmas cards too.

I drove over to the Morman Church Genealogy Library last night as I was told "the main lady" who knew the most worked from 6 to 9.  I showed up at 5:50 and at 6:35 she still hadn't showed so I gave up (irked) and came home.

Ended up watching a little tv (Netflix and Amazon) and then hit the sack kinda early.  I think this cold weather makes me weary.  I know my skin doesn't like it.  Temperature gauge read 28 when I got up.  Took a hot shower, ate breakfast, worked my Yahoo crossword puzzle, washed dishes, and here I am.  Yep!  Nothing much to write about today.  Guess I'll get on with my to-do list.

Here's a 1986 video with Del Shannon. I've always loved this song.



A further note...
Suffering from depression, for which he was taking Prozac, Shannon committed suicide on February 8, 1990, killing himself with a .22-caliber rifle at his home in Santa Clarita, California. He was cremated, and his ashes were scattered. Following his death, the Traveling Wilburys honored him by recording a version of "Runaway". Lynne also co-produced Shannon's posthumous album, Rock On, released on Silvertone in 1991.

Del Shannon Memorial in Coopersville, Michigan
Shannon was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of FamIe in1999. 



















And while I didn't listen to The Doors when they were popular, I did catch this one on Pandora Music today and thought...my oh my....look what I missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment