My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Brrrr....

I was kind of surprised that I didn't see a lot of frost on the neighbor's roofs this morning 'cause I knew darn well it was cold out there!  That wind can cut right through you.

Today I stuck my head in a closet in the back room and realized I had a pretty big supply of picture frames. I'm taking a bunch over to Mary next month when I travel to Jake's first birthday party.
There was a time when I had frames hung all over the house with photos of the kids,the grand kids, relatives, pets, even flowers or street scenes. I still have quite a bit of wall decorations. Someday I'll have to do a walk-thru and take pictures of everything.  

Hunter walked over with Sammy as I needed a couple of chores done.  He fixed my gate but not before his hands turned numb.
He also put covers on my two outside faucets and replaced a battery in my smoke detector in the back bedroom.  I've heard it make a little ding even after the new battery was put in so I wonder if there's something wrong with the wiring.  I'll have to keep an eye on it.

I pulled out my crafting paints and discovered a paint-by-number kit that is brand new.  I'll have to think about doing it. I used to love those paint-by-number pictures but now they look kinda' hard for these old eyes.  I did paint up a square flat rock that Catie gave me a while back. I'm going to see about decorating it after I look on Pinterest.

I set out my 500-piece jigsaw puzzle that I picked up at Goodwill yesterday.  It's going to be kind of a toughie, I think, as the pieces are odd shaped as is the border so you pretty much have to complete the puzzle by color only.  The pieces are cork-backed so they're quite sturdy and thick.  If it gives me too much trouble, I'll just box it up and set up the sewing machine.  I seem to be in one of those moods where I'm jumping from hobby to hobby and not finding anything to hold my interest.

I am heading over to the Morman Church Genealogical Library but not until 6 pm tonight.  Wish it was closer but a 15-20 minute drive certainly isn't going to kill me.

I found my computer Scrabble game disk recently and have started playing with that when I need something to occupy myself.  I beat the computer most of the time.  I looked the Leader over this morning but about the only thing of interest (to me anyhow) was seeing all the people who worked at restaurants.  Most of them I've never eaten at.  Maybe I'll rectify that this spring and summer.

I was having a hard time reading the tabs at the top of the page on Google Chrome but couldn't figure out how to change the settings.  Thankfully, granddaughter Catie is pretty computer savvy and she called to walk me through the steps.  Very simple and easy if you know where to click.

Mary says Jacob is getting closer to walking every day.  He likes to make his way around the house by following the walls and large pieces of furniture.  It won't be much longer now.
I got two new cousins this week. Pearl Jean and Jonathan Leroy born in Tacoma.  Grandchildren of my cousin, Cindy Renner, in Gig Harbor.

Well, I think I'll take a quick little nap before I head across town.

No comments:

Post a Comment