My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday night

My Friday nights have changed a lot over the years.  I think I'll write about that sometime. Not tonight, though; I have other things to yak about.

I may post this on Facebook too.  Been cleaning out a few corners here and there and came across three album/books that I'd like to give away.  Here's photos of them closed and open.

The red one is kind of a large journal type book with pages you can glue stuff in as well as write. The pink one has plastic pages and is oversized.  The white one (my Life book) is like scrapbook paper. Has quite a few pages.  They're all very nice and it seems a shame they're not being used by someone who likes that kind of thing.  Or who could use them to gift to someone else.

Saw this picture on Paula McDonald's page on Facebook.  Cracked me up.  Visit "bored panda" on Facebook to see more.  This one is two brothers who reenacted old family pictures for their folks' anniversary.  They're hilarious!
 I saw this on Jean Camfield's Facebook page and thought it was worthy enough to retype and share. I'm going to do this.....

Items the Food Bank seldom gets but always needs:

Spices.
Seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, oregano, basil 2.

Feminine Products.

Chocolate

 Toiletries.
toilet paper, tooth paste, soap, deodorant, shampoo, etc. Food stamps often don’t cover these.

Canned meats and jerky.

 Crackers and tortillas.
 Baby toiletries.
Diapers, baby wipes, baby formula, baby shampoo, baby soap, baby food, bottles, etc

Soup packets.

Socks.
From a former homeless person: “Socks mean the world to you. They keep you warm, make you feel like you have something new, and just comfort you.”

 Canned fruit other than pineapple.
Food banks get a lot of pineapple donated. Their clients love it when other kinds of fruit are available.

And remember! Food banks love cash donations

I got this in an email and I thought it was worthy enough to retype and share, as well:

 THINK BEFORE YOU DONATE!
The American Red Cross President and CEO Marsha J. Evans' salary for the year was $651,957 plus expenses
MARCH OF DIMES It is called the March of Dimes because only a dime for every 1 dollar is given to the needy.
The United Way President Brian Gallagher receives a $375,000 base salary along with numerous expense benefits.
UNICEF CEO Caryl M. Stern receives$1,200,000 per year (100kper month) plus all expenses including a Rolls Royce. Less than 5 cents of your donated dollar goes to the cause.
GOODWILL CEO and owner Mark Curran profits $2.3 million a year.Goodwill is a very catchy name for his business.You donate to his business and then he sells the items for PROFIT. He pays nothing for his products and pays his workers minimum wage!

Instead, give it to ANY OF THE FOLLOWING
The Salvation Army Commissioner, Todd Bassett receives a small salary of only$13,000 per year(plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar organization. 96% of donated dollars go to the cause.

The American Legion National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!

The Veterans of Foreign Wars National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!

The Disabled American Veterans National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary.
Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!

The Military Order of Purple Hearts National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!

The Vietnam Veterans Association National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary.Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!

Make a Wish: For children's last wishes.100% goes to funding trips or special wishes for a dying child.

St. Jude Research Hospital 100% goes towards funding and helping Children with Cancer who have no insurance and cannot afford to pay.

Ronald McDonald Houses All monies go to running the houses for parents who have critically ill Children in the hospital.100% goes to housing, and feeding the families.

Lions Club International 100% of donations go to help the blind, buy hearing aids, support medical missions around the world. Their latest undertaking: measles vaccinations for $1.

Went  shopping after my physical therapy appointment.  Have a Xmas craft I want to make and I knew finding the right pieces would mean going from store to store.  I found one item at Joanne's but was surprised to see it was $2.  Should have been a quarter!  I went to Walmart and found the same thing for 75 cents.  I have noticed, though, that Walmart's prices aren't that great in every department.
Like their groceries.  Or maybe groceries are just skyhigh everywhere.

Guess I'll cut this short as it's dinner time and you know how I hate to miss a meal.  ha ha
Even if it is just crummy leftovers.

I put away my jigsaw puzzle and decided I needed to focus on other hobbies. Gonna stick with genealogy until my subscription runs out. Switched over to my mother's biological family to see if I could find more on the Petersons, Stevens, and Haskells.

And that's about it for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment