My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, November 10, 2014

Why am I so tired?

It was sure hard getting out of bed this morning and I stayed put until 8:30.  I always feel tired after I drive into PT and yesterday was no different.  Didn't help any that a lot of the time, it was raining super hard.  Only in PT, though. The streets in Sequim and PA were dry.  I had my wipers on the highest speed and could barely see at times to drive.  I love a good hard rainfall but only when I'm inside my house and can watch it from my chair.

After making a few stops in PT and later in Sequim and PA, it was after 3 before I pulled into the garage.  I kind of dinked around the house the rest of the day watching tv, reading, and surfing the net.  Never could quite focus on anything and at 7:30 I was ready for bed.  I refused to go to bed that early, however, so I stayed up until 8:30.  I think I must have fallen asleep the minute my head touched the pillow 'cause next thing I knew it was 1 a.m.

Both shoulders were bothering me so much, I decided to transfer to the recliner.  I fell asleep again but not for long so headed back to bed a second time.  I hate those on again, off again sleep patterns. That's probably why I was having so much trouble getting up at 8 a.m.

I did a few household chores (sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dishes) but decided that was going to be the extent of my cleaning for the day.  Settled in with the tape player hooked up to the computer to try again to transfer my music cassette music over to my hard drive so I can burn certain songs to a CD if I want to.  Hunter's going to come over in a while to see if he can figure out how to make the sound better.

If he can't figure it out, I may be out of luck with this project.  I'm pretty sure I'm fairly close to getting the music onto the computer but getting it to sound good once it's there isn't happening.  I've got detailed directions but they're so technically over my head jargon-wise, I'm not understanding what they're telling me to do.  What I need is a computer savvy "go-to-person."  Or better yet....'COME TO ME PERSON'.  Ha!

Well, maybe I'll finish this up later....

two hours later:
Hunter and I messed around with the tape player, audacity gadget, and computer trying to make a good connection.  We did get our test pieces moved to Itunes but somewhere in translation, we lost how to rename the song and how to make it easier on the ears.  Finally gave up in despair and fatigue.
I had him put the tape player back in the closet and I'll move on to other things.

I've been calling the Morman Church to try and find out what night is the best to drive over to their genealogical library but haven't been able to make a connection.  I suspect my search for ole Charlie Blankenship is going to go by the wayside.  I'm not giving up altogether but I am accepting the fact that I'm frustrated at my brick wall.

Tomorrow after I finish with physical therapy, I'm going to head over to Joanne's Fabrics and see what they have in the way of card stock. I do plan on sending out a few handmade cards this year but I'm going to have to study up first on how to make them decent looking.  I've got presents to finish wrapping and decorating but otherwise, my projects are winding down so I think I'll set up the sewing machine.  Time to go in a different direction with my crafting ideas.

Just stuck a piece of fish in the oven for supper and made up a salad.  Well, I made up three salads so I'll have two for later this week.  I sure have been having a problem keeping lettuce.  I was buying romaine and after washing and tearing the leaves apart, I would set them in a tupperware bowl with paper towels in between to absorb the wetness.  I even used two large bowls with lids. Unfortunately, my refrigerator decided it wanted to get too cold in that part of the fridge and the lettuce ended up freezing.  What a waste of money.  It's hard to buy vegetables ahead when you're preparing for just one person.

I've tried buying the packaged lettuce but it doesn't seem to last all that long either.  I'm probably not sealing it up good enough or something?  I may skip on salads and eat vegetables a different way. Like finger food.  Okay. This blog is just getting stupid now.  I'm off.

No comments:

Post a Comment