My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, November 17, 2014

Just working thru my chores

I saw this Christmas craft project on Pinterest that I wanted to try out.  Anything I settle on has to be fairly simple but it seems no matter how simple things start out, it ends up costing you money one way or another.  Such is life. The pictures I saw online were much cuter than mine but then I always feel that way.  I couldn't find the vintage cars I wanted to use but I may search again if I decide to make any more.  I also couldn't find the smaller Christmas trees I wanted.  This town has limited shopping options.

After I finished my jars, I found a similar picture with better directions but I'll know better next time.





I noticed my shower door still looks scummy even though I tried different things I found on the Internet.  This morning I found a website where this woman taped off her door into four sections and tried all the theories she found online. (vinegar, dish soap, etc.)  She discovered that using liquid Bar Keepers Friend was the best and easiest.  I'm buying some.

Read my Reader's Digest last night (Thank you Linda P for the Xmas present).  One thing I tore out to try and remember:  Mix 1 tsp. Dawn dishwashing liquid, 1 tablespoon rubbing alcohol, and 1/2 gallon warm water.  Pour the mixture over walkways to keep them for freezing again right away.

The joke that made me cackle out loud:

A child psychologist had twin boys--one was an optimist; the other, a pessimist. Just to see what would happen, on Christmas Day he loaded the pessimist's room with toys and games.  In the optimist's room, he dumped a pile of horse droppings.  That night, the father found the pessimist surrounded by his gifts, crying.  "What's wrong?" the father asked.
"I have a ton of game manuals to read...I need batteries..and my toys will all eventually get broken!" sobbed the pessimist.
Passing the optimist's room, the father found him dancing for joy around the pile of manure. "Why are you so happy? he asked.
The optimist shouted: "There's got to be a pony in here somewhere!"

I've got a little over a week left on my ancestry subscription so I'd best get back to hunting. I spent all day online yesterday looking for additional information on my g. grandmother on my mom's side.
Ava was born a Peterson, married and divorced a Stevens, and then married a Peters.  I thought that was interesting, just in itself.  Her second husband (according to his 1917 WWI draft registration card) worked for General Explosion Co, in Carl Junction MO. He was a gelation packer.
About a year after Ava died, he remarried a woman in Aberdeen and eventually retired from a lumber company in Aberdeen, moved to Yellowstone County in Montana and died there.

And here's two cute things I saw on Facebook yesterday...


No comments:

Post a Comment