My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, November 24, 2014

Week of Thanksgiving

Another odd  dream last night.  Gracia Feick and I were out golfing and having various adventures along the way.

Morning is going along okay. Made a  Safeway run and managed to get in and out quickly as few shoppers were there.  Stopped to visit Kathy & Ed (Wayne's dad) and see their new dog, Maggie.
Very sweet dog. I wish I had one like her. I told Kathy I can babysit if they have to go somewhere.

I cleaned out my kitchen cabinets a few days ago and had a dozen jelly jars with lids and rings so I gave them to Kathy as a thank you for the frozen berries she's given me from her freezer in the past.

Got an email from Mary in Hawaii.  Poor Jake came down with a fever and wouldn't sleep unless Mary held him.  Sure hope it passes quickly.  Kids that age can get sick and be well again in the flash of an eye. Here he is when they first arrived.

I managed to get a few Christmas cards addressed yesterday and wrote a letter to go along with them. What with my blog, email, and Facebook, it seemed kind of silly to write a letter but then not everybody goes on FB and heaven knows, few read my stupid blog.  ha ha

I called the Sequim surgeon to make an appt for my left shoulder and I'll go in January 2nd. Sure hope I don't have to have surgery but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I don't have anything specific that needs to be tended to today so I just might pull out my sewing machine.  Or not. I am still tempted to keep on looking for genealogy clues.  My notes are in pretty good order but you never know when you're gonna find another tidbit. My sub. to ancestry.com expires day after tomorrow.

Talked to my oldest daughter this morning and she's feel down in the dumps 'cause she turns 50 this weekend.  I'm taking her to lunch tomorrow and remind her that 50 is a whole lot neater than 70!

Am into Season 3 of The Good Wife and totally hooked now. I surfed regular channels a bit last night but not for long. The American Music Awards was  the same ole crap --  everybody wearing skin tight clothes (and few of them in some cases) and trying their darndest to shake their butt better than anyone else.  Boring, folks!  What happened to the days when singers just entertained us with a song?

Well, guess I'll heat up some soup for lunch.  I love Mary's photo explanation on Facebook....

                                                                   Oh!  A Bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment