My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I have a hickey!

Well...maybe.... my physical therapist said I might get one after the session today with the suction cup they used on me.  It hurt, as usual.  A student has been working with her the last few times and they've both made comments about how I'm doing so good...because I keep coming back.  They know it hurts and I guess they think I'm a tough ole broad.  Ha!  I dread it every time I have to drive down there and I "think" I've only got three sessions left.  One this Friday and two next week.  At least that's what I'm counting on.  I'll probably check out getting my left shoulder fixed after the first of the year.  If I can avoid another surgery, I intend to!

The therapist was telling me about Spotify and how great it is for listening to music (free). I'm going to look into it as I think Itunes is kind of hard to navigate.  Hunter helped me charge my Ipod yesterday so I've got my cute little speaker attached to it so I can listen to my favorites. There's probably over a thousand songs on that little gadget.  Amazing!

After I finished with p/t, I ran a few errands.  Noticed a lot of cars parked at Big Lots and Joanne's so I thought perhaps they had sales going on.  I walked around Big Lots but didn't notice anything interesting.  Same with Joanne's.  I was going to buy some card stock but only needed a few pieces.  Might have taken the time to buy them but it irks me when stores hold customers hostage at the cash register by not calling more clerks.  There were too many people standing in line and I decided Joanne's wasn't getting any of my money today.  And then there's that SMELL you have to endure if you're anywhere near candles or potpourri.  Almost makes me ill.

I headed over to Dollar Tree 'cause I needed some batteries and  you can get all sizes for a dollar a package.  I also bought a few other handy things. I forget how much the dollar store has to offer sometimes.  I got a large piece of red cardstock (22x28) and thought I might use it to make some Christmas cards.

Later, I stopped in at Goodwill and found a box of really nice Xmas cards for $1.50.  There were 35 in the box (with envelopes, some stickers, and a little book for recording names and addresses.)  So now I guess I'm sending out a few cards, after all.  I also picked up another jigsaw puzzle.  Only 500 pieces, though, so it doesn't keep me distracted too long.

I stopped at Wendy's for lunch and then at the corner grocery store to fill up on gas.  Was tiring getting in and out of the car in all that wind so I was glad when I finally pulled into the garage. I hung up my flag for about an hour but the wind kept tossing it up on the roof and around the flagpole so I decided to take it down.

Hmmm...the wind is playing havoc with me today.  It tore out the latch hook on my back gate and I need it shut or the whole back yard is exposed to the alley.  I had to pull out a few bent nails and hammer in a couple more to hold the slats in and then realized the hook wasn't going to stay put in the wood so I retrieved some twine and tied the gate closed.  That gate has been nothing but trouble from day one.  Had to put on a hat and coat to finish the job as the wind was icing up my ears and face really fast.

Time to research on ancestry.com for a while. Gotta track down a Bert Otis Blankenship who might be my missing Charlie.  I doubt it but I'm going to check it out anyhow.



No comments:

Post a Comment