My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Still searching...

I've got about 2-1/2 weeks left on my ancestry.com subscription but I'm getting very discouraged that I can't find the information I want.  I worked on the Holts for over a week and did find a few more odds and ends that I didn't have before but when I went back to the Blankenships to try again to find what I was looking for, I kept running into that same brick wall.  I'm not sure how to proceed.  I guess I'll just watch some more tutorial videos on YouTube. Only problem is, the woman who teaches on that ancestry.com website has a very annoying voice and she's really into herself. She'll repeat stuff two or three times and I usually end up turning her off 'cause I lose my patience with her. I may go back out to the Morman Library  and talk to someone who is more knowledgeable about the searching techniques.  The last time I went out there, the woman working knew nothing and they suggested I come back at night when the "regular lady" works.  I hate going out at night but I may have to.

Went to physical therapy this morning and they're getting tougher on me all the time.  Brought tears to my eyes as they deep massaged under my arm and near my back --areas I don't think have ever been massaged by another human.  It hurt to high heaven!  Then they did the ultrasound machine and I suggested we use that INSTEAD of the manual massage and stretching they're into 'cause it didn't hurt at all!  I am getting more range of motion, though, so I guess they know what they're doing.  They told me that my progress will be slow and it will hurt because the surgery I had done was more significant than just a regular shoulder replacement.  With as much damage as I had, the recovery is going to be slow.

Then to make things more interesting, I'm continuing to deal with a "problem" in the lower tract.  Some days are better than others but I'm definitely noticing that there seem to be several things I can't eat without problems.  I know this comes with age so I'm not totally surprised by it all but I am totally ANNOYED!  Cutting several things out of your diet to see if you can pinpoint the culprits is not an easy road to walk down.  At least I'm finding the trip hard.  Tomorrow I'm going back off coffee.  (I was trying half a cup a day but even that seemed to flare things up)

I'm also going to try and avoid fried food and fast food and chocolate and ice cream and blah blah blah!  I don't even want to think about it but if I want to feel better, I'd better get with it.  Going to pull out my cookbooks on eating vegetarian and gluten free and read up some more on how to make the transition -- at least somewhat.

I've been kind of tired and rundown this week but seems like I go through that every time we have to change the clocks.  I'm just thankful I can go to bed and stay in bed without having to head for the recliner in the middle of the night.  Now if I could just figure out how to avoid having to get up and pee every two or three hours.  Damn nuisance!

Gotta pick the twins up at 6:20 tonight and take them over to Juvie Hall.  They're on "teen court" and will have to counsel ((I guess?) those teens who have transgressed.  Maddie heads to Pasco tomorrow or Friday? for the state meet for cross country. Here's two pictures she posted on Facebook.
                                                        4th from the left in front
                                                                3rd from the left

Got new neighbors moving in today.  The couple who lived there moved across town (to the same street my daughter, Sue, lives on).   This new couple are the cousins who previously lived down the street.  Don't know how many kids they have yet or if they have dogs and cats.  I suppose I'll find out soon enough.

Here's various pictures I've taken this week.....
                               blue jays discovering my recently returned bird feeders



a hummingbird looking over my Christmas cactus that I set outside
                                    another hummingbird heading for the good stuff
                autumn trees I saw on 5th & Peabody so I had to get out and take photos


The pigeons discovered my feeders (I'm sure the blue jays told them) so I immediately went out and moved the feeders to the front so the little birds can have them instead. Not sure why the pigeons don't bother the feeders in front.
My latest puzzle that I finally finished up.  I may hold off starting another as I'm thinking I might want to get back into sewing.
I didn't actually take this photo, of course, but it's one I always enjoy looking at.  Manresa Castle and St. John's Hospital in Port Townsend several decades ago.

I sold three books yesterday thanks to the PTHS alumni newsletter. I wish I had a place in town I could display them as I really think they'd sell faster.  I used to have them at the local drug store but they decided they didn't want to do that anymore. Not sure why.

Been watching 'The Good Wife' on Amazon Prime, and am enjoying it quite a bit.  Still not as good as Big Love, though.  Almost finished with a book so think I'll head into the living room and get back to it. The Star-Lite Drive-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment