My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Oh.....Happy Day....

Just left the physical therapist's office and I don't have to go back!  Woo Hooooo!  Well, at least not for a while.  I will have to consult with a doctor about my left shoulder but I'm putting that off until January. And my hope is, it won't be as intense a surgery as the right one was.  Maybe I won't even have to go under the knife at all.  Probably unlikely but I can hope. They gave me a water bottle as a goodbye gift.

I stopped at Swain's to get a few more pint jars to make more snow globes.  They're in the process of remodeling and enlarging for Christmas and it seems like they've got a third more space what with the narrowing of aisles and the opening up of the back of the store.  Tons of merchandise too.

I also stopped at Safeway to try another product for cleaning soap scum off my shower doors.  I bought the liquid Bar Keepers Helper after reading about it online.  I was under the impression that a simple application would remove the scum but noooooooo......it was a long and laborious chore.  I even had to go retrieve a shower stool to sit down because my back hurt so much bending over.  Then I stripped and got in the shower to use the hose to rinse everything off.  I was disappointed in the final result.  It's become an "issue" with me now so I picked up a can of Kaboom this afternoon and will try it out tomorrow. Basically, I want to NOT HAVE TO scrub and scrub.  I want it to come off easy.  We'll see....

News has been disgusting as usual.  Why oh why do they give Manson and his STUPID pea brain fiancee air time?  Not news you media folks who think we care.  Interesting to see ole Bill Cosby in the hot seat. I don't have any sympathy for him at all.  I've always thought he was full of himself.  Now we'll have to listen to a blow by blow recap of the entire affair for weeks!

My favorite thing to watch right now is a video of Jacob walking.  It's only a minute but it's completely entertaining and I watch it at least three times a day.  He's going to Hawaii this Sunday with his folks and cousin Catie.  Wish I was going too.  I was invited but I need to be healthier and I'm not quite there yet.

I drove through downtown on my way to physical therapy and I may do some shopping locally this year.  Was interesting to see the window displays and the large tree being decorated --and sad to see how many empty shops there were.

I'm going to begin addressing Christmas card envelopes tomorrow now that I've got my stamps all paid for.  I mailed off one Christmas gift to my half sister in NC but I think that will probably be the extent of my mailed packages.  I do need to get into PT at some point. Think I'll try the week before Christmas or Christmas week itself. Depends on the weather and how my body feels.

I've just about finished organizing my various genealogy folders with notes on each family. Course I'll never be really done as there's always more to find.  I checked out a few Family Tree Magazines at the library and one of them had a terrific article on good websites for each state.  I still have a lot of questions on several old family members.

Well, sitting here by the heat vent I've noticed a heck of a lot of dust that needs to be vacuumed so I guess I'll go pull out the machine and see about sucking it up.  My priorities have sure changed over the years.

A guy called me up from PT and ordered five of my books. What a nice surprise.  He knew my Uncle George and Aunt Lorraine from the rock club they belonged to and he thought very highly of them. We had a nice conversation about how country music just isn't as good as it was back in our day.

Turkey day is growing closer but I don't need to do a lot of cooking this year.  I am baking a pumpkin pie and making some oyster dressing but that will probably be it.  Maybe.... I'll make up a batch of yeast rolls,

50 years ago this week I was waddling around my dad's house on Kuhn Street two weeks overdue with child #1.  Man, that was a quick 50 years!

Here's a picture of my dad and brother Les in the background taken in 1965 at the San Diego Zoo. Sue was about 5 or 6 months old and I was thrilled that my dad drove all the way from Port Townsend to visit us.




No comments:

Post a Comment