My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, July 20, 2015

Cooler Temps on the Way

I sure don't do well in the heat.  I thought my bronchitis bug was on the way out but it seemed to kick up again when our second heat spell started. At least I'm assuming that's what caused the episode I'm experiencing now.  The inhaler does help, I think, but I am more than ready for this congestion to go its merry way.

I cancelled a dentist appointment but am still having to wait before I schedule another.  Today I took the twins in for their eye exams and decided I might as well make an appointment for myself while I was there as it's been about three years.  Hunter's eyes are okay but Maddie needs glasses. Which means contacts, as well, I suspect, since she's a runner.

Hummingbirds sure are buzzing and diving around a lot this week.  I enjoy watching them.  Wish I could say the same for the neighbor's dogs. They moved in a few weeks ago and have three small yappy dogs THAT NEVER SEEM TO SHUT UP!  If I go in the backyard or if the neighbor on the other side of them is in their backyard, the dogs go berserk and yap, yap, yap!  They run up and down the fence line clawing at the wood and several times (I suspect when their owners are gone) they've taken to howling like coyotes IN UNISON.  The first time I heard them I thought they must be in some kind of distress as the yowling was unreal.  But nope!  Just plain ole spoiled dogs!  What a nuisance.  Especially if you're feeling under the weather or trying to take a nap.

I thought I would give them something to yap about so I had Jenni drop off Sammy for the day. Sammy is a barker (who also drives me nuts!) so I thought I'd let the neighbors notice that too many dogs barking is RUDE!  I always make Sammy come indoors if he starts barking at the neighbors when they're outside.  Well, I don't know what his problem was but Sammy didn't come through for me.  He went out on the deck and barked once. The neighbor mutts went bananas and this is what Sammy did in reply...   NOTHING!



See how brown the grass is?  This is how it used to look at one time.
Went to a graveside service for my old friend, Susie Bishop, on Saturday.  I sure am going to miss her. She was one of a kind!
Afterwards, I went to a reception at the Huntingford place overlooking Oak Bay. Man, what a view.
My class was holding a reunion picnic 8 miles down the road so I stopped in there for about an hour and a half.  Only about ten from my class were there but several of the host's neighbors came so it was a good crowd.  It was way too hot but I managed to get a couple of pictures before I headed home.
                                                                  Ruth on the right
                                     Jud Gammage, Bruce Chesterfield, and Don Edney

Yesterday, my cousin Ann and her daughter, Katy, came to the Sequim Lavender Festival and then drove up here to say hello. We took a drive down to the beach for sandwiches and lemonade. Unfortunately, the Hood Canal bridge was open for repairs or something? on the way home and they didn't get back to Tacoma until 9:15!  Ugh!

Katy's lost 70 pounds and Ann has lost about 30 on their low carb diet.  I think I need to get with the program too.

Carol Rustad sold her folks' place in PT after remodeling it and it was picked up the same day it was listed.  The before and after photos online of the inside are fascinating. Google 1225 49th St, Port Townsend to see the Zillow photos. Here's a picture of the house as I remember it (a neighbor painted this picture for them).





Mary and Andy returned from their San Diego vacation on Saturday.  They had a wonderful time. The twins loved it too. Hunter got treated to lunch for his 15th birthday at Hooters!
Jake was mighty happy to get back to his own bed. He slept 14 hours the first night. They recently bought a tarp for their backyard as the sun is on that side of the house in the afternoon and it gets way too hot.
Am thinking I want to redo this office space.  Change the stuff on the walls, clean out the closet, and try to figure out a way to store paperwork and files so they're not "all over the place".  Gonna have to think on it.  May start by moving the tv and vcr into the sewing room. That will give me a lot of space to work with, I think.  The sewing room has become a favorite place to hang out again. I play my old cassette tapes for entertainment and it takes me back in time.

Well, that's it for now. I may drive into PT on July 30th for my sister's birthday.  Got a lot of places I want to see and take photos of.  Maybe visit some cousins too.  And cemeterys.

No comments:

Post a Comment