My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Just plowing along

Weatherman says high temps are on the way again. Ugh!  I'm sure glad I have my a/c unit all ready to turn on in my bedroom.

I spent my morning (as usual) online looking around at stuff here and there.  Decided to get back to transcribing my mother's old letters from the 70's, 80's, 90's, etc.  So interesting to read the things I'd forgotten she wrote.  Depressing too.  I know for a fact that many things she wrote are false but I long ago came to terms with the personality traits of my mother.  One letter from the 80's had an enclosure from this convict she was writing to at the time.  A Penn. guy that she asked me to write to, as well. And like the dummy I am, I did (for a short time)  Figured out pretty quickly he was a jerk.  Which goes without saying since he was in there for murder!  Good lord!  I had forgotten about this episode and decided to look online to see if I could find any information on him or what he looked like.

Surprisingly, one of the guys imprisoned with him way back then was released and the paper did a story on his rehabilitation and how he didn't actually have a hand in the murder.  It showed his picture and (I think) the guy my mom was writing to.

I took a nap around 1 for about an hour and a half.  Some days (most days lately) naps are an absolute necessity.  When I got up, I forced myself to go back to the sewing room.  It's harder for me to get going on sewing projects later in the day.  First, though, I decided to clean up my cassette collection. Probably got a couple hundred (mostly old country) but a pretty fair collection of other music too.  I love listening to those tunes.

I finished two more squares. I like the one on the right okay but the brown one just didn't look like I thought it was going to.  I'm still having problems with color arrangement.
I didn't feel like fixing supper but I told myself I had to use that pound of ground turkey thawed out in the fridge. Made a pan of spaghetti using wheat angel hair pasta.  I prefer it over the other stuff now.
At least now I don't have to think about dinner for two or three nights.  Took a picture of my Port Townsend coffee cups, just because I had so few pictures to post today.
Fed Ex brought my latest Amazon Prime order this morning. I found a set of the 1967 edition of The Forsyte Saga. It's in VHS form but I'm fine with that as I have two VCRs.  I sure loved the 2002 edition I watched on Netflix.  Last night I surfed through Netflix to see what I could add to my list. Found quite a few things to keep me entertained.

Well, I can't think of much else to chat about today. Tomorrow I'm going to be on the computer most of the day.  Want to work on genealogy a bit, read the Leader, work crossword puzzles, play Scrabble, write emails, and just plain research anything that pops into my head.  Maybe I'll browse around on Pinterest too.  Oh, and song lyrics....I've been listening to some CCR on my cassettes and realized I don't understand a lot of the words. Time to look them up.  Ha ha



No comments:

Post a Comment