My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, July 31, 2015

Last Day of the Month

Looks like we're going to end July and start August with high temps.  I'm not even going to try and make to-do lists while this heat continues.  Just lose steam too fast as the day progresses. And, of course, you don't sleep as well at night either.  I did manage to do a load of laundry but I suspect that is going to be the extent of chores today.  I may set up a fan in the sewing room and work on a couple more quilt squares.  And I can also hole up in here and click away on the laptop.

The recliner is going to be a welcome spot 'cause I can watch Netflix, various DVDs and VHS tapes, and plop myself down with fans blowing their welcome breeze.  Cross stitch, reading, and napping. That's the name of the game.

Had a nice trip into Port Townsend yesterday although the heat did put a crimp in things now and again.  So many  places I just didn't get to so I'll try again another day when mother nature isn't having hot flashes.  Diane Westergaard and I started out by driving around up on Morgan Hill looking for Molly Logan's house so I could take pictures for her. Never did find it although I "think" I may have parked in front of it at one point.

We headed out to Chimacum Cemetery.  Took pictures of Susie Bara's grave and Aunt Elva's.

Diane just got back from a trip to Vienna and Prague so she was in better physical shape than I was to walk around graveyards.  I had no idea she was going to spend as long as she did looking over the tombstones. I finally had to honk at her to move along as we still had to hit Laurel Grove and a birthday party! She wants to come back on another day when it's cooler so she can spend more time.

We drove into Laurel Grove and were the only ones there except for one guy who was looking for his lost cell phone.  The Blanchard and Westergaard tombstone areas both need cleaning up so we may do that next time when we have tools and better weather.


My brother, Les, had been up there to work on our grandpa & grandma's graves and they were the only ones with grass growing as he even spread some seed when he was there.
From there we drove down 22nd street as Diane wanted to see the old brown house where I lived when I was a child.  The whole street, of course, has changed 100%.  Mary Norton was with us and she looked over the brick house next to the brown house because she lived there as a kid.

We headed over to my sister's birthday party (and Carol Plaster's) at Claridge Court Apts near Safeway.  Lots of good food.
                                                 Janie with g.grandson, Walker
 Some of the dolls Janie had made. She's going to sell them at a street fair
                    Carol Plaster on the right. Phyllis Simcoe in the middle with white shoes
 Janie's grandson, Brad Forcier visiting from AZ with his friend, James McGuinn
                                                         Janie's g. grandson, Callum
                                           Mary Norton, Clarence Lammers, Pat Plaster


I got home just before 4 pm. Sure was happy to get inside, get the fans going, and sit down to unwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment