My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

mid week heat

My knees have been screaming bloody murder at me the last couple of days so I decided to bite the bullet and get back on my exercise bike.  Oh lordy!  I could only do ten minutes but then I expected that.  Now if I can do that twice a day every day, hopefully it won't be as painful.  I have to use a step stool to get up on the bike and I'm so afraid of falling these days that I always make sure my cell phone is in reach.  That's so sad.  But oh well...it is what it is!

I got a peach pie in the oven and once it was done, I took off to do my errands.  Had to stop at the bank to activate my new debit card 'cause it wouldn't work over the phone.  I stopped at Rite Aid to price their bamboo mobiles and they were 50% so I bought two.  One for me and one for Sue on her birthday in November 'cause she was admiring them at the Airport Nursery(where they were $30 and up)  Rite Aid's were only $10.  Once I was in line, I realized I didn't have my Rite Aid card.  Neither phone number I put in worked so the guy behind me (tired of waiting I'm sure) offered to let me use his.

I made a quick stop at Safeway for salad stuff to go with the leftover spaghetti tonight.  Splurged on a little vanilla ice cream too as I'm looking forward to having it with peach pie tonight.  And that is the extent of my morning.  It warmed up fast as I made my rounds and while the house is okay cool right now, I suspect the next few days are going to bring out the worst in me.  Yeah, I'm a whiny baby when I get too hot.

Happy 69th birthday to my sister tomorrow.  Here's a couple shots from around 1955, one taken around 2011 and another she doesn't know I took but it always kind of makes me giggle.  I call it "Janie contemplating the future."  hee hee




No comments:

Post a Comment