My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July already

I was able to sleep without a fan last night but I did keep the window open until about 2 a.m. or so.  I can tell it's going to warm up today but I guess I'm ready for it.  Got a fan going in here and it's fairly comfortable.  I don't usually start to notice being uncomfortable until 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

 I need to pick up Maddie at 2:15 today and take her to the dentist. Then head up the hill to the high school and take Hunter to the dentist, as well.  Jenni will then pick them up when she gets off work. Think I'll stop by Grandview Grocery and buy some stamps and pick up a Hit 5 ticket.  I haven't been winning much on Hit 5 lately but I still stick to "my system".  I think your odds are better than playing the lotto.  You choose 5 numbers between 1-39 instead of 6 numbers between 1-49.  The pot starts at $100,000 and grows each week that no one wins it.  I've won $1 several times and $20 a few times but I'm counting on that $100,000 to hit sooner or later.

I was really dragging yesterday.  My cough wore me out, I suspect, as I ended up taking a two hour nap in my recliner. When I went to bed at 11 that night, I was still out like a light.

Am thinking I might toss the rest of  my oatmeal cookies out to the crows today. I've lost interest in them.  A few days ago I picked up a box of frozen juice Popsicles.  The darn things were $5.49 but I figured they were probably tasty and better for me than ice cream.  I should have just bought plain ole popsicles, I think, as I wasn't all that pleased with the flavor I chose(lemon).  A little too tart maybe? Some days my taste buds just rebel for no reason I can think of.

I put away a jigsaw puzzle I had set up and got out a new puzzle that Ann Robson gave me when I was visiting last week.  I may start putting it together today.  Sat down to pay bills this morning. I knew it was going to be my day of reckoning as I had been busy ordering stuff online. Easy to do when you have Amazon Prime.  My yearly membership payment was included on this bill so I'm going to have to behave myself and show some restraint.  Still, I'm thankful I can just sit myself down and pay them all off.  Never could do that in years past as I lived payday to payday.

Watched an interesting show on Amazon Prime the last few nights called Catastrophe.  Had six episodes so now I have to wait for season 2.  I hate that!  Anyhow, this was a British comedy and very well written.  I'm watching 'Under the Dome' on Amazon now but finding it hard to hate the bad guy 'cause I really liked him on Breaking Bad.  Ha!

Went out to water the trees and flowers early this morning. My green beans are coming right along. Wish I had planted more stuff now.

Read the Leader online but outside of the alumni photos, I didn't find much of interest. Always like looking at the old photos, though.  Like this one...

Looked over old diary notes to see if I could find anything of interest for this day but as usual, I didn't always write each day and July1st was no exception.  I did come up with these, however....

1973: Dana came by with a new girl friend. He's joining the coast guard. (this would have been Lill)

1974: John and I smoked a joint. Stopped at the Waterin' Hole for a beer and then he threw up in the car.  I laughed.

1984:  My arm and shoulder continue to give me a lot of grief. I wonder what the deal is there.

1985: Mitch Aman started training on my desk in the mill office.

And that's about it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment